Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need recommendation for Truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need recommendation for Truman

Took my son to Bull Shoals last year for a fishing trip and he loved it. Thinking about trying Truman this year. It will likely be early summer (I know, not ideal timing, but work gets in the way)...

Anyhow, looking for recommendations for lodging and boat rental. I would prefer something where the boat is at a marina so we can load and go very easily. At Bull Shoals we had to get the resort owner to take us and launch and then beach the boat if we wanted to come in... it wasn't ideal.

Thanks in advance - looking forward to giving Truman a try - have never fished it.

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

There's always Bucksaw.
    Lodging, restaurant, camping, marina, good fishing area. Not far from Clinton. Marina guys will tell you what's happening.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.
    Likes wannagofishin LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am not to familiar with Truman but if you talk to people who are they might tell you that June is possibly the best month on that lake.
    "In my father's house are many mansions..." John 14:2
    Likes wannagofishin LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at Sterett Creek Marina & Motel last year and could not be happier with the people, price and accommodations. Good fishing areas within a few miles.
    Likes MontanaBoy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Reel and Trigger on hwy UU off Hwy 7. Very clean and affordable rooms and a few minutes to the State Park Marina which also has a free ramps. Here's a link Reel & Trigger Resort.
    We have stayed there for years. Full kitchens, cable tv, internet and cleaning station for fish. I have stayed at Sterrett Creek and it was ok but rooms are tiny. If you are looking at a weekend better call now as they fill up but during the week they are more open. Good part about the marina being so close is you can be on all the major arms of the lake in a short period of time from the marina cove as well as close to the dam. We don't even think about staying anyplace but there plus they are close to Warsaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Bucksaw has everything you need and early summer is some awesome fishing on that arm of the lake.

Sent Hogsters phone.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Bucksaw has everything you need ,and is super convenient. That said, they could sure stand to spend a little money replacing mattresses more often. I've not tried the other places mentioned. If you can afford it, going with any of the guides that operate on that arm of the lake - Richard Bowling, Jeff Faulkenberry or Barry Morrow - on the first day of your stay would be money well spent - they all do a great job. As far as summer fishing on Truman, this is a quote from Kevin Rogers who tournament fishes all over the country and presented at Crappie University Monday night - "for 'dead of summer' - Truman is the best crappie lake in the United States".