Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wet cover

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wet cover

Wondering what everyone does with there wet cover when they take it off to store it when they are out of town fishing Thanks

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Put it in bathtub in motel room.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't take my cover when I'm "out of town, fishing" ... I rent a covered slip if I'm going to be there a couple of days or more.

I put a wet or dry cover in the bathtub (at home), in all cases. (but that's because I'm single & live in an apt, so it's no inconvenience to anyone else and I don't have any other choice of places to put it)

Post Thanks / Like

In the past I would throw my wet cover in the back of my SUV until I got back to the ramp. then it goes back on the boat.

Last year I added a storage box to the side of my boat trailer for boat related items. Like a jack, lug wrench, spare bearings, mini grease gun, and filleting equipment. It has room for my cover if I don't want the wet thing in my SUV.

Name:  Trailer Box 2016-04April (2).jpg
Views: 165
Size:  8.0 KB

Name:  Trailer Box 2016-04April.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  37.9 KB
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what kind of cover you have. Is it cloth or canvass? I can't say as my cover is ever really wet. Sure, I store my boat inside (covered) but I also leave it on when traveling. Rain, snow, sleet, the outside gets damp but the inside is dry. I take it off, throw it in the truck bed, and put it back on when I get dockside. On the way home, it dries out. If not, it dries in the barn. Keep in mind that this is NOT a cheap cover!
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"