Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: heated docks

Post Thanks / Like

Default heated docks

Whats the fishing like at the heated docks lately?

Post Thanks / Like

Marion county has been bad for about 3 years now. Nothing but 8-10 inchers with a few larger ones mixed in.. not sure about Shawnee in topeka. Its not known as a crappie dock but it is heated.

Post Thanks / Like

Marion has tons of fish, just gotta know when they bite, which at this time of year is at night. Had a buddy of mine catch two 15" in a row a couple weeks ago amongst others. He put his camera in again last night and said they were stacked. It's a tough place to fish, but the slabs are definitely there.

Post Thanks / Like

How does that work? You just show up? Do you have to get a reservation? Are there fees involved? Don't live close but might be interested in driving if I get really hungry. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

No fees at Marion county. Just shut the lights off and close the door if you are the last one. I may be wrong about the fish but I usually go there 4 weekends a year and there are about 5 locals who fish that thing daily early in the morning like 4am till whenever they get their fill. There is occasionally bigger fish but don't count on it. Also, those fish are heavily fished so you need 2lb test and max 4 lb test. Also, all the locals use homemade banana jigs that are pretty small and spring indicators . You can buy them at the store right there on the hill. One side has snags the other side doesn't. It's a good place to learn because some of those locals can really fish.
    Likes Ozark88, Blackdog40 LIKED above post

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone been fishing the Hillsdale dock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

Have not heard anything about the dock they have been having some luck in the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Took 9 year old Great Grandson to Claremore dock yesterday. He caught 37 crappie about 7 on 1/32 plastic jigs the rest on pink and shiner minnows. Only one keeper which he gave to older gent who had two other nice crappie. He went to sleep on way home and slept in SUV for another hour. Grandpa was also popped catching 19 while baiting hooks and redoing lines. It made his day!!