Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Years at OZ

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Years at OZ

Headed to Lake OZ usually have my boat and a number of places to go get em. BUT we're staying at a condo complex with a bunch of docks and the wife said no to taking the boat. Usually fish the ropes but have been told our condo complex don't allow them. I'm fishin blind I guess. Any tips to fishin docks from the docks??? With no obvious things to fish?
    HELP if I don't figure out something to catch some keepers to take home she's gonna make me shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The fish you release may be a kids fish of a lifetime!
    Likes springhillwantabe, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain dude, what a quandry, fishing for crappie or going to the outlet malls!

Post Thanks / Like

Try docks in 20 to 30 fow and be patient let it sink awhile then reel back slowly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnowDipper View Post
    Try docks in 20 to 30 fow and be patient let it sink awhile then reel back slowly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    also try just below surface, then go down a few feet, etc till you find out where they are holding. have seen reports that they are not that deep around docks but others that say go down to bottom then come up two feet. heck try it all till you find where they are. Good luck and stay out of those dang outlet stores!
    Likes MinnowDipper LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

we are also headed to a condo at the loz (robins resort) when I sit on the dock and fish I like casting my jig toward opening in dock and let it pendulum back to me , let it sit for up to a minute then slowly reel up and repeat process , keep moving around all the docks you have access to and just because they don't allow ropes hanging doesn't mean that there hasn't been any cover dropped . I usually put a 1/4 weight on and see if I can find some of those hidden jems ! good luck to you this weekend and stay away from the mall if you can

keep your lines tight as you never know
    Likes springhillwantabe LIKED above post