Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 12/17 Tillery

Post Thanks / Like

Default 12/17 Tillery

Boy was it cold with the wind blowing and in the 30's, but the crappie didn't seem to mind. We only fished about 2 hours or so before we had to head in. Kept the best 14 and one pretty nice cat for the grease. All caught on minnows in 50 foot of water right on the bottom. We were actually trying to catch a few perch for catfish bait, but ran into the crappie. All were between 10 and 14 inches. Sorry no pics. Don't have my plugin for the phone with me.
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That's DEEP!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. They were so deep that many had bug eyes after coming up and all were floaters in the livewell. Never seen the eyes bulge out so much before.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have info on the renovations scheduled for the Norwood/stockyard boating access? I had heard it would be closed until May for major upgrades. Any updates???

Post Thanks / Like

No Polarcrafter. I am in Woodrun so use their landing right below the bridge. Have used that one a lot in the past before we moved here though.

Post Thanks / Like

You gotta learn to "fizz" them, release the pressure from there swim bladder, roughly a inch in front of the anal opening and an inch up, go at an angle to get behind the scale with a needle or a straightened hook with the barb mashed down, Google the process, you'll see what I'm talking about, winding them up real slow helps as well

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard about that. Didn't catch any small ones so wasnt needed Saturday. Only releasing I did was to the grease. lol. I will stick a few needles onboard for next trip.
    Thanks
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post