Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: KY Lake jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default KY Lake jigs

Here are some of the jigs "1/32 oz "i made for our trip to KYLake this spring .We will be at Lakeview Resort Mar 24 - 28 Cypress bay .Any help would be greatly apprieciated as this is our 1st trip to that area .

Thanks Jon
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Jon ...

Quote Originally Posted by FSHNJON
    Here are some of the jigs "1/32 oz "i made for our trip to KYLake this spring .We will be at Lakeview Resort Mar 24 - 28 Cypress bay .Any help would be greatly apprieciated as this is our 1st trip to that area .

Thanks Jon
    They all look great ... just get them in front of those Slabs, and hold on :D

Sorry, can't really help you on any "tips" or "areas" ... but, put a post on the KY State Forum and ask there !! Some of the KY boys, that fish down there, can "hep ya out" !! .... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

thanks Pap will do.

Jon

Post Thanks / Like

If fishing cypress I would have some jigs with a hunter green and yellow on them. I know a couple of guys who wore them out using those colors casting. Good luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Is Cypress a good place to crappie fish? I have caught several bass there. It looks like a good spot for all fish. Remember these names when you come and it is south of where you are staying but not by alot. You will see the big bridge when you go to Cypress and if you went the opposite way, south(under bridge). Ask about Buchanan Resort, Mansard Island, Springville Pump House, Little and Big Island, Power lines, just say the word "Big Sandy", Pleasant View, Happy Hollow.

All these places are known for great crappie fishing and in the same area. If you are down at Lakeview or Paris Landing and have a bigger motor, just run south and get in those places i mentioned and you will catch crappie. Alot of people fish the Paris Landing area, up from the swimming area in the lake. South of the swimming area. I have never crappie fished at Cypress but i like that spot and usually it is alot there. I have caught bass and blue gill there and i have just fished Big Sandy for crappie. They say another place good, if you run more farther north is Blood River. North of Cypress and i have never fished there but i hope to this year. Your jigs are nice and should do good. Jigs, minnows, niblets all seem to do good on KY Lake and even crank baits trolled slowly.

Go here and keep up with the fishing reports.

www.parislanding.com

www.buchananresort.com

http://www.wtomagazine.com/

Check the lake conditions here, the different gudies fishing reports,

http://www.kylake.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for the help ,With all the good info i will feel alot more comfortable about going someplace new .,maybe even catch some fish .

Jon