Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How Heavy

Post Thanks / Like

Default How Heavy

I know that new cinder blocks are not as heavy as the old ones. Do I need to double the use of blocks when sinking brush now? thought about filling blocks with concrete but seems like a lot of trouble. Has to be an easier way. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Recently picked up over 50 cinder blocks from a friend who is remodeling his house. Some of these blocks weighed as little as 16 pounds, some weighed over 35 pounds! So it depends on how much your blocks weigh. Instead of filling your blocks with concrete, I would suggest to just double up on your blocks--use 2 or even 3 blocks depending on what you are trying to sink!----remember the movie Deliverence...should have used more rocks!
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

Completely depends on what you are trying to sink. I sure wouldn't mess w/ adding concrete to the blocks.

Post Thanks / Like

If your brush is the size of an average Christmas tree, I would use two blocks. I sank some one time with one block and some of them sank and some of them I had to put in the woods and bring back blocks later. I can't find all of these now. I guess the ones with one block washed away from the spot I placed them.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to a highway construction project. They have concrete test beams they dont break. They will give you all you want. They are 6"x6"x20", weigh 55 lbs and they are FREE. I drill a hole in the middle and run my rope through and tie a knot. They work great.
    Good luck...............

Post Thanks / Like

That's good advice CrappieTexan, I was wondering where a guy could pick some of those up. I have a friend who supervises bridge construction.
    CATCH A BIG-UN