Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Crappie

Pictures from thursdays' (8) , catch and Sunday's catch, 12, ( received my new USB cables and am able to post my catch. Went today, caught about 10, still in livewell, gonna clean in the morning. It was VERY windy 15-20 mph, wind out of the North, choppy, NOT white caps. Seen a few boats (5). Caught all of mine on the same brush pile, 18 FOW, 16 ft- 17 ft down, holding very still, at first, they were hitting it on the drop , then, not hitting it all, you just had to hold it very still. IT was tooooo windy to use less than a 1/8th oz lead head, unpainted, sparkle crappie nipple chartrues. Name:  20161104_084510.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  41.3 KBName:  20161108_080805.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  45.7 KBSTILL USING BG purple and chartrues, red and chartrues and electric chicken. Purple and chartrues was the BEST color for the most fish keepers.
    Likes eeker01, DesertBerry, sooners08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amsoil boater View Post
    Pictures from thursdays' (8) , catch and Sunday's catch, 12, ( received my new USB cables and am able to post my catch. Went today, caught about 10, still in livewell, gonna clean in the morning. It was VERY windy 15-20 mph, wind out of the North, choppy, NOT white caps. Seen a few boats (5). Caught all of mine on the same brush pile, 18 FOW, 16 ft- 17 ft down, holding very still, at first, they were hitting it on the drop , then, not hitting it all, you just had to hold it very still. IT was tooooo windy to use less than a 1/8th oz lead head, unpainted, sparkle crappie nipple chartrues. Name:  20161104_084510.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  41.3 KBName:  20161108_080805.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  45.7 KBSTILL USING BG purple and chartrues, red and chartrues and electric chicken. Purple and chartrues was the BEST color for the most fish keepers.
    Nice catches! The lure I use is about the same color - they call it junebug, which is kinda a purple with green and red sparkles in it and a chartreuse tail. That color seems to work well if I have to go deep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

One nice brush pile can make it a nice day of fishing, congrats.
    Likes eeker01 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely a good mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!

Birddogs54
    2005 Ranger 519 Yamaha 200