Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Pole question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Power Pole question

This is for anyone who has a thought on the subject.

If I were going to lay out the cash for a power pole why would I buy a 8' model instead of a 10' model for a hundred bucks difference????

I could assume that garage door height could be an issue for some? I don't think that going to a 10' over a 8' model raises the top more than a foot??????

Pro's and con's???????????

Mildot

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just my thoughts, marketed to bass fishermen, garage hight one issue, most don't lock down in over 5-6 ft of water, salt guys fishing flats usually 2-3 ft of water. Crappie guys or some northern fishermen more likely to use the 10 ft model fishing stumps,brush piles and such. Was it me I'd go with the 10 ft and tilt brackets if garage clearance was a issue. Also I'd watch Bassboatcentral for a deal before buying new at those prices.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't aware there are tilt brackets for Power Poles????????

I agree with your synopsis so far. Nov-Mar around here I find a lot of crappie on docks with 9-12 ft water.

It would seem to me that I could back the boat in and set the poles and not worry about fighting the trolling motor??????????

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

How big is your boat?
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

One of my buddy's has a power pole and he just partially lowers it to clear the garage door.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mildot1 View Post

I agree with your synopsis so far. Nov-Mar around here I find a lot of crappie on docks with 9-12 ft water.

It would seem to me that I could back the boat in and set the poles and not worry about fighting the trolling

motor??????????
    Not sure if they do have them for power pole. Know they have them for Minkota's. Bet you could figure it out for the right priced pole. Fishing docks would be a great reason to have them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mildot1 View Post

It would seem to me that I could back the boat in and set the poles and not worry about fighting the trolling

motor??????????
    Not sure if they do have them for power pole. Know they have them for Minkota's. Bet you could figure it out for the right priced pole. Fishing docks would be a great reason to have them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barrelslime View Post
    How big is your boat?
    18' Stratos.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip about Bass Central. I think I'll find a set there when I'm ready.

Looking at the Talons bracket system scares me to death along with the price of them. I understand why they are so big as to widen the footprint when two poles are deployed.

I think I prefer the Power Poles and their bracket system, fairly simple and still get a wider footprint.

Thanks for the input!
    Mildot

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a height issue, the barn has 12' doors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast