Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: keeping crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default keeping crappie

hi , hey just wondering how some of you guys keep your fish fresh until time to fillet them in the livewell or do lyou put them in an ice chest???

Post Thanks / Like

kads - In the spring and fall I keep them in the livewell. I have a large livewell in the rear and a smaller one in the front. In the hot summer I keep them on ice. I have been using an ice chest but that takes up room in the boat. This year I thought about just throwing the ice in the large livewell in the rear. I don't know how well that will keep the ice compared to the chest, but thought I would try it.
    Ken

whiplash Guest

Default keeping fish

Quote Originally Posted by crappieken
    kads - In the spring and fall I keep them in the livewell. I have a large livewell in the rear and a smaller one in the front. In the hot summer I keep them on ice. I have been using an ice chest but that takes up room in the boat. This year I thought about just throwing the ice in the large livewell in the rear. I don't know how well that will keep the ice compared to the chest, but thought I would try it.
    do the same way --have no trouble keeping the ice in the live well, but I only fish 5 or 6 hrs. <> either have all I want or have my hind end full of lookin for them
    whiplash

Post Thanks / Like

Kads
    Not trying to discourage you from posting on the Illin board but you'll get a lot more response from the main board. Lots of folks from other areas do not look in on the Illini board that will put a lot of info.

There are several different products on the market that can be placed in livewell to keep fish alive even in warm weather. One of those is "Please Release Me" that calms the fish and removes chlorine.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville