HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jordan/Harris Brush rules?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jordan/Harris Brush rules?

I just moved to the Raleigh area from the upstate of South Carolina. Trying to figure out the lakes.

Does NC Wildlife have regs about man made fish attractors or brush piles on Jordan or Harris.

I've only fished a handful of times up here. Caught a few trolling here and there. Haven't had much luck tightlining.

If anyone has any areas I should be targeting they wanted to share. Also would like to meet up with some of you guys that fish these lakes sometime. Hopefully the fishing will start to heat up as the weather keeps cooling. I caught some biggens late last year on jordan while I was up visiting. Did well around the Farrington area. The fish don't seem to be out there right now. Oh well the search goes on right!

Cheers!

My buddy Franke used to say "Those who go, know"...

Tight Lines!
    16 ft Duracraft Yamaha 40

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing is pretty darn hot right now. Went today and put 40+ in the boat and they were pretty good size crappie. Caught 79 in two trips this past weekend. We stayed close to the ramp today and fished in between storm cells. Storm would come up the lake and we would head for the truck then it passed and we would get after them again. Tons of lightning in all directions around us but none on top of us so we kept on fishing. Pick any lake point and be in 15 foot of water and they will hit. We fished 10 different locations and caught them at each spot. Some produced better than others but we still caught them.

I don't think you're technically allowed to put out fish attractants. Come January there's a lot of guys taking Christmas trees out but I don't think you're supposed to. Don't hold that as the gospel but I will ask the game warden the next time I see him. I will say the crappie do stack up over the brush but there a few guys on here who do not enjoy longlining over it because it will cause a ton of hang ups. Trust me when I say there's plenty of (Christmas) trees already there. I've reeled in a few 5' trees while catfishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I think technically you would need to get permission from Duke Energy from Harris and the Corps of Engineers for Jordan. Both have office buildings at the lake. I do know in the past someone got permission to do an organized effort of putting out bamboo condos on Jordan and the Corps/State Parks let them use an area for working - pouring concrete, storing materials, etc.
    Thanks Lazyb thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the time they will allow you to put brush in as long as it isn't something with chemicals, oil, or tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Do it at night - a dark night. TW

Post Thanks / Like

Just drop your fish habitat in a cove and then send me the GPS coordinates and I'll check it to make sure it's been properly installed. lol
    Likes tangled LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Put them out during deer season.