Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biting at eastfork?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Biting at eastfork?

Hello everybody Just wondering if the crappies are biting at eastfork if so what depths, and is there ice on I havent been over there for awhile.

Thanks bubba
    "Take Life one fish at a time"

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard it's iced up at the ramps but main lake is open but that was last week. I'm sure if you could get a boat on the water you'd catch fish. Hopefully, it will clear in the next couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Sad to say, I haven't even been over there in a couple weeks. This cold has finally whupped me. Weather man says maybe 50s by next week though. Bring it on! Maybe then I can get the 2" of ice off my boat cover....
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

50's would be great Iam getting the itch for some spring crappies!
    "Take Life one fish at a time"

Post Thanks / Like

Drove by EF today. Completely iced over. There are some holes out in the middle though. Hopefully it won't be long it will be clear. Then I can stop spending all my money. When I can't fish, I go online and buy fishing stuff. Just placed another Cabela's order a few minutes ago. I need some fishing to keep me away from the computer before I go broke.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah me too, I place an order w/ Cabelas Saturday. Then Sunday went to Dick's. I think it's cheaper to go fishing. I'm heading to Alabama next Tuesday for a few days. I'm hoping the ice will be gone when I return.

Post Thanks / Like

crappiemax, I think we are living the same life. I ordered from Cabelas then went to Dick's and got a couple of those Diawa spinning reels they had for next to nothing for my trolling rods. I am going to Weiss in a couple weeks as well. By the way, yesterday there was some soft water around the boat ramp by the dam at EF. Shouldn't be much longer.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

If I don't start fishing soon, I'm going to go broke buying more stuff I don't need.
    Thanks for the report on EF, I was just going to ask if anyone has been there in the last few days. It will only get better from here on in.
    I picked this weekend for Weiss because ther aren't any tourny's this weekend. Last year when I went there was a B.A.I.T. and Crappie USA at the same time. It was crowded. This year I checked both schedules and picked this weekend as it worked into everyones schedules best. There is no weekends of double tourney's on this year's schedule. With the colder than normal temps, I'm sure the fish will be a little deeper which is okay, I just need get on the water. Sometimes the fish are a little harder to find but when you find them it's the mother lode. It's going to be a little warmer so the fish will be on the move. Can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like

At least I know Weiss isn't frozen over. That alone is reason to be anxious to leave. This is killing me. It's gonna be 50 today and I can't get out and fish. I really need to get the boat out a few times before my trip. Maybe next weekend. By then I'll have a brand new trolling motor and fishfinder to play with. Can't wait. Good luck At Weiss. Post some pics if you can to show me what I can look forward to.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I think your right about living the same life. I just put a new TM on the boat in mid-Jan. and used it once before this cold set in and I just turned 55. I saw in the Ala. thread you've never been there before. I've been going for 7 or 8 years. Some years are better than others, I've had good to bad but it's always better than work. Weiss and Ky Lake can ruin a man. Once you get back here it takes a while to abjust to the smaller fish around here.:p If you see the gulls diving, ya' got to ease into them and make a few casts. Take a few 1/4 oz jigs and 3" twister tails. It's usually stripers, if you hit it just right a man can actually get tired of catching fish, but it takes awhile before that happens.:D
    I'll report when I get back.
    Happy Birthday, 50's aren't so bad. The kids are grown, the grand kids are pretty cool and I can get out and do what I like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast