Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally, a report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally, a report

Man things have been quiet on here. I know you guys have been fishing or at least I hope you've been fishing.

I made a couple of trips to Harris this week and they are hitting really good. Water temp was holding around 77. Ended one day with a little over 20 after fishing a couple of hours in the evening. Kinda the same thing the next, caught 27 in a couple of hours. The fish were much larger than what they have been running. I would've loved to have caught a few of these during the night stalk. All fish came out of 15' of water near the bottom on minnows.

The fish were really stacked up over one spot with brush. I marked this spot last year then forgot about it then marked it again this year. Whenever I drifted over that spot it was game on with 4 poles bending. If I got 5 feet away, nothing. My daughter was having a blast with it. Anytime the boat got near the spot she would tell me and a couple of poles would bend. Here's a couple of pics.

Name:  20160914_190226.jpeg
Views: 627
Size:  10.7 KB Name:  20160917_100011.jpeg
Views: 556
Size:  8.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal Hockey86; I know you were glad to get back on the water again.
    You know your daughter will be teaching you new fishing spots soon
    Crappie Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. Hoping to make it out this Wednesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter, she is already teaching me. I missed a couple and she really let me have it. She was asking why in the world I couldn't get them in the boat like her. The best thing about the whole trip was when she said, "this is fun." This is a kid who will stay out with me till 3 in the morning catching crappie or catfish or out with me when it's sleeting, snowing or freezing rain. I do catch a lot of grief when we don't catch something but it's all in good fun.
    Likes sporkd2, mac crappie, hunter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. That's what it's all about right there.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fairly new a crappie fishing and fish Harris as well. I also noticed that once you find them, you have to stay on them. You move a little ways away and all bites stop. Then you float back over them and it's "game on" again.

Post Thanks / Like

Find some brush and they'll be directly over it.