Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Lake (Pomme/Osage Arms)Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Lake (Pomme/Osage Arms)Help

I'm fairly new to this lake and I'm not one to ask for help, but after this past weekend I just can't seem to find the fish (crappie or white bass) and was curious if anyone could point me in a good direction. I put in at the fairfield ramp and normally go up to KK island/osage bluff and up the osage river or go up near Sterett Creek.

The wife likes to just sit (FOREVER) and let the fish come to her, me I'm more the type if I don't catch anything within 20 to 30mins I want to move and find the fish. Wife is getting very frustrated that we can't seem to find them or when we do find them the next weekend they have moved (due to the weather / lake rising).

Any help besides me hiring a guide is greatly appreciated. I would love to hire a guide, just not going to happen this year.

Thanks
    Glock!

Post Thanks / Like

Put in at Bucksaw and go down, fish with minnows anywhere from 10 to 20' of water around timber. Hope this helps, it worked a couple of weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish from Osage several times a year. For this time of year go deep around the cliff faces with minnows for crappie. I like to drift fish because they are usually scattered. If you prefer casting with lures, try the arms in the marina cove.

Whites are easier. Just look for windy points. Gravel is usually better. The point on the island right across from the Fairfield launch is a good spot if the wind is blowing into it. The wind is key. We also have a lot of luck at the ,mouth to Turpin Creek, on the left as you head in. Also try the main land side of KK if the wind if blowing that way. Throw anything shiny. I like rooster tails and cast masters.

Have fun.
    Likes kcglock LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Truman is a "move" until you find them lake.....no matter what arm you are on.

Good Luck!
    Kevin Rogers-
    Likes kcglock LIKED above post