Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still pretty quiet around here

Post Thanks / Like

Default Still pretty quiet around here

Anyone been doing any fishing lately? Wanting to get out and go fishing just don't know where I want to go. I have been fishing cataract last two weekends and the bite there is pretty good right now just wanting to try somewhere else so where's the next hot bite?

Post Thanks / Like

fishing ? what's that??
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    fishing ? what's that??
    Exactly..... There's always a lot of views and ppl staying in the shadows. I just want to hear how ppl are doing on the lakes and reservoirs. Not asking for anyone's fishing spots.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish a private lake in the NE corner of Brown County. Fishing has been slow as of late for me. Still catching a few on jigs along weed lines around 12 to 14 feet deep in 18 to 22 fow. 1/16 jig, Kaylans Tennessee shad twister tail, crappie nibble is what they seemed to like last weekend. I ended up keeping 8 healthy black crappie around 12 inch each.
    Likes Billbob, DaveB40 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I havent been crappie fishing since late May. I take a break from them over the summer and fish the river around here for smallies, eyes and cats. I'll start up again for crappie in another month or so and then fish some over the winter in between deer hunting trips unless it ices over.

Post Thanks / Like

its quiet all over for the most part.

i havent chased crappie for a while, been on the trout hunt. i have caught a few monster gills and a cat out hangin with them. probably wont go back to crappie till sept.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishbrain View Post
    Anyone been doing any fishing lately? Wanting to get out and go fishing just don't know where I want to go. I have been fishing cataract last two weekends and the bite there is pretty good right now just wanting to try somewhere else so where's the next hot bite?

Its slow here in Indianapolis. Last weekend I went up to northern Michigan and the bite was HOT there, probably because the water was much cooler.

Caught a bunch of redears/bluegills, tons of rock bass and even a Pike! The bluegill were HUGE. The one bluegill in the center is the largest gill I've ever seen in my life. The picture doesnt really do it justice.

Name:  29401.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  67.9 KBName:  20160729_093507.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  30.8 KBName:  20160729_104642.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  55.3 KBName:  20160729_165131.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  51.9 KB
    Likes raporter, DaveB40 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

There we go. I knew there were some ppl still fishing......sounds like a lot of ppl give up on the old crappie during summer months. Plus with the heat it does make your time limited. Still not sure where i want to fish this weekend.... Thought about trying mississenewa heard it has been pretty tough there lately. Anyone ever
    fish lake lemon? I have never been there thought about maybe giving it a whirl. Anyways wherever I decide to fish I will report back and let you know how it went.

Post Thanks / Like

Water temps are 87 to 90 for the most part. I have mostly been looking for bass and did pull some cranks for crappie but it is very slow. I have only been out after a front passes through so that helps me but not the fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I may go somewhere in the morning but with the forecast I may just stay home.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast