Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: BPS spinning reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default BPS spinning reels

I have done some research into the new BPS reels I thought were built by USREEL. I have discovered that they are copies built in China. I whole heartedly retract any recommendations I have made to purchase these reels, and suggest you take a look at the reel things available from cabela's.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...333&hasJS=true

http://www.usreel.com/

Sorry about the bad info.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a couple bad reviews and decided to check them out a little more. I'd still like to see the better one sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Pro does a lot of cheap imitation work, a friend of mine that works
    at bass pro doesn't recommend any of their mid price to cheaper reels.
    they are all made in china and they have a lot of returns for quality.
    i didnt ask about more expensive stuff. i see several reconditioned wally marshall and bass pro reels at the outlet center in springfield mo.
    don't think i would buy one.

just a thought
    john b.

Rivercat Guest

Hello fellow fishermen, I am new to this board and noticed the thread about U.S. REELS. I was going to purchase and noticed on there web site they are also made in China. That has me wondering if the Bps reels aren't made by US REEL. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

I called BPS and asked them and they told me they were made in China. USREEL is an American made, so I'm sure they are a cheap knockoff of the USREEL's products. Reviews I've seen for USREEL's have been glowing which is why those new BPS reels interested me. From the style I thought they had to be made by USREEL, but unfortunately they are not.

The main reason the USREEL Supercaster's interest me is because they are similar to the LEW's SPEED SPIN's I used and loved for years until the quality dropped. They were the smoothest spinning and best casting reels I've ever had in my hands even before the days of balanced rotors. Its a shame they messed up that reel or I'd still be using them.

Rivercat Guest

Grizz, U.S. Reels is headquartered in St. Louis MO. however on there website it states there reels are made in CHINA to there specifications. I found this at there website under "Contact Us". Is there a good quality spinning reel you would recommend for crappie fishing. Thank you, Paul

Post Thanks / Like

I buy a dozen or so a year and the best place I have found to buy them is grizzly jig in MO. grizzlyjig.com

Post Thanks / Like

the outlet store next the main store in Springfield is the 1st place i shop,always have found a bargain there,may have to pick through several reels or rods to get what you want but the price is worth it for sure,not all reels are damaged someone may just ordered the wrong item and sent it back,they don't restock it at the main store they wholesale it out at the outlet store...
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER