Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired of getting my butt kicked

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tired of getting my butt kicked

Pomme doesn't like me anymore. Always been a river fisherman, but I've been trying main lake the last few weeks. Can't seem to figure them out. Doesn't seem to matter what lake I'm on, I have always fished the upper reaches. I'm trying to learn how to be able to fish the rest of a lake but it takes a few trips to make supper lol. I tip my hat to you folks that can catch fish on the main lake.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I don't catch many, either, but I enjoy getting out in the boat, looking for fish is fun, some of the birds that are out there, people watching, etc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vic n View Post
    I don't catch many, either, but I enjoy getting out in the boat, looking for fish is fun, some of the birds that are out there, people watching, etc
    Last two times out I said the same thing. Sure enjoyed being on the water.
    which means didn't catch supper.
    Likes vic n LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Tough fishing for anyone right now, they're dropping the lake pretty fast. Looks like it dropped about 5" today.

Post Thanks / Like

seems like the main lake gets harder every year on pomme. more pressure & huge pleasure boats i guess. thanks to side imaging you cant have a "private" brushpile anymore. I cant find supper either!!!

Post Thanks / Like

at least i'm in good company lol. this is really the first year i've tried main lake fishing much. mostly because the river fishing has been subpar. my run is usually between bolivar landing and mccracken. it's getting tons of pressure up there too, but at least not as many ski boats lol

Post Thanks / Like

been getting some good reports from a couple guys fishing the MDC brush piles on Pomm, several limits several days in a row,, 15 to 20 ft of water, drop jig over brush let fall to middle raise up slow, twitch wait for bit, or just watch the end of pole, if it moves set the hook.
    Likes jwilson48 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    been getting some good reports from a couple guys fishing the MDC brush piles on Pomm, several limits several days in a row,, 15 to 20 ft of water, drop jig over brush let fall to middle raise up slow, twitch wait for bit, or just watch the end of pole, if it moves set the hook.
    Thanks for the report. I think we need to fish brush more and standing timber less. We seem to fish a pile or two then head for the timber....old habits die hard lol

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

yes they do, them old habits, I learned to fish the brush from two real good teachers, opened up a whole new world, but I still go back to my ole open water drift/slow troll from time to time,, good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Have you been fishing the shockley tournaments wilson?? I havent heard any results this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast