Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: July 1st at Harris

Post Thanks / Like

Default July 1st at Harris

Hit Harris again this past Friday night and ended up with 53 nice crappie and 12 cats. I was kinda worried about going on a holiday weekend but just had to get out. Fished from 7:30 till 4am. Went thru all my minnows by 1 so kept catfishing the rest of the time. Anchored up in 20' of water and caught them about 2' deep. Kept dropping my bait down about 5' and it was slow. Starting dropping at 2' and things got very good fast. I don't know if the threat of storms kept everyone off the lake or if everyone was at the beach but it was pretty empty Friday night and during the day on Sunday. I think there was more law enforcement out than boaters. Wish they would come out on a normal weekend when it's actually bad.
    Likes brucec, mac crappie, BUDMEISER01 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report. How big were the cats? And did u catch them using night crawlers?
    Likes BUDMEISER01 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Biggest was about 6 pounds and all were on chicken liver. For whatever reason Harris does not produce big cats but it does produce a ton of them. 20 pounds is very large for that lake. Works out because I like to eat the 4-5 pounders anyway.
    Likes BUDMEISER01 LIKED above post