Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tips for EF in the summertime

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tips for EF in the summertime

Never fished it in the summertime, any tips and/or reports on the lake? I saw something about an algae bloom? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by taylorj View Post
    Never fished it in the summertime, any tips and/or reports on the lake? I saw something about an algae bloom? Thanks.

Funny. I asked a similar question about summer tips for the river. I used to fish EF quite a bit. Not so much now but I did as recently as a few weeks back. In the summer, I typically end up catching smaller crappie in the coves (though the bigger ones could still be there and I just am not finding them).

The most success I've had in mid summer at EF is trolling with 2 poles, 1 in each hand, with double minnow rigs. My dad and I purchase several dozen from Boar's and then head to mid lake. I like the area out from the long rock wall since it's close and I have a small motor. If you have electronics you can find humps and brush out there. Some spots, you are 30' from land and in 20+' of water. Other spots, you are way out and in 15' of water. I always targeted those humps and brush where I can find it and ended up with quite a few crappie and - in my experience at least - some eating-size as opposed to what you catch in the coves. Just my experience. Others on here know the lake a lot better than me.

Post Thanks / Like

And I have fished when it's pretty green and still caught fish - probably also because I'm fishing 8-10" down. But I'm sure it affects the fish a bit. Someone else said the algae is not too bad right now.

Post Thanks / Like

ef on fire in summer trolling slip floating or swimming jigs.main lake usually the best

Post Thanks / Like

big fish another story

Post Thanks / Like

big fish @ EF
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><