Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 6-13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 6-13

Made it to Smithville this morning for the first time this year. Put in at W and headed north. Got to the spot I wanted to try, dropped the trolling motor, stepped on the pedal and a no go. Found a tree to tie off to but didn't get any hits there. Went down to the cove north of sailboat cove and tied off and managed to catch 12 or so fish there. Had 3 that were keepers but I didn't keep any today. Started out with a blue/white and black/chart tubes. The blue/white tube was catching most of the fish. Changed the black/chart to a black/pink and managed a double on the first drop. Fishing in 18fow about 13 ft down. Got home and checked the trolling motor battery and found the positive lead from the charger broken. Trolling motor should be good next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Lucky to have an easy fix on the troll motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Good day for the Ville .

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

I tried dipping some trees up in the river yesterday. Water is still pretty brown, but fishable I think. Saw a lot of fry swimming around, so there is plenty of food around. Wind was down, hardly any boats around, so a really nice day on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear the troller was an easy fix. Was thinking of going upriver tomorrow morning, haven't been up that way since the big rains.

Post Thanks / Like

Just remembered about a month ago I had the same luck. Dropped the troller and nothing, so I thought I would just get my spare battery for the remote, crap spare in it. So I thought I would just get the foot pedal out, crap took it out over the winter. Fished a little,nothing, so called it a day. Put a new battery in remote tried again the next day, troller worked for about 20 mins. then nothing, foot pedal still sitting on bench in garage, felt like a real "jenous" that day. New remote all good, foot pedal in boat now!
    Last edited by Clownfish; 06-24-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

are you using the XI5?
    David C. L'Heureux
    ET2 SW/AW USN RET
    100% Disabled Veteran
    Formerly known as dhkdl1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dhkdl1 View Post
    are you using the XI5?
    No, it's just an old power drive unit with copilot.