Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I cant fish but the

Post Thanks / Like

Default I cant fish but the

EAGLES can. was working on the ice storm damage while at the pond a eagle caught him or her a fish. a big one too. I heard a noise a splash a whoosh and off it went didnt get to see the actual catch but what the heck saw the fish in the talons. pretty cool well back to work. or play not much on working but heck on playing later all .
    Last edited by beagle man; 06-17-2007 at 09:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

if i remember right it's a good thing you had your hat on or it could have been bad,he he
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fuzzy dont think those birds will go for egg heads to hard to crack and to mushy inside to eat. ha ha . man this no fishin sucks getting tired of it but spring is on the way the bunnies are running better longer runs real wide circles and that usually means buck rabbits are on the move and looking for a girl. so hope stable weather is on the way later man

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle i can't see your Pic.

Post Thanks / Like

You can not see the fish jumping in the left hand corner?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man
    Hey Fuzzy dont think those birds will go for egg heads to hard to crack and to mushy inside to eat. ha ha . man this no fishin sucks getting tired of it but spring is on the way the bunnies are running better longer runs real wide circles and that usually means buck rabbits are on the move and looking for a girl. so hope stable weather is on the way later man
    It aint lookin real promising this week beagle,rain sleet and snow monday and tuesday then bitter cold the rest of the week...after being on the water yesterday i've got a feeling were still a couple of weeks away from any kind of a bite super clear patchy ice and 35 degree water temp aint a real good combination.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Two weeks ago we had thin ice almost all of the way across our area of the lake. We were watching a seagull trying to get a fish (probably a shad) that was frozen in the ice. All of a sudden the seagull flew away. Seconds later a golden eagle swooped down and tried to get the fish from the ice. For the next hour we watched as 2 golden eagles stayed in the area. The eagles were finally successful with getting several fish from the frozen water. We also saw 3 bald eagles in the same area.
    At one point one of the golden eagles was just standing on the thin ice. Finally about a 1 foot radius of the ice began to give way and sink from the eagle's weight. Then the eagle had to fly away. Would have liked to get some pics but do not have a zoom. Lots of fun to watch!
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hogster
    Beagle i can't see your Pic.
    just watch you will see