Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a crock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What a crock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own 3 Garmin GPS units. I own Fishing Hot Spots. I can not use the three Garmin GPS's with the Fishing Hot Spots. Garmin only allows 2 units. If I want to use the third, I have to delete one of the other two units and call Garmin to activate the newly added unit. This is pure bull. Naw, this is greed. If I want to use all three of my GPS units, I will have to buy another copy of Fishing Hot Spots. Ain't I lucky.

One of the reasons for working on my laptop project. Dedicated crap sux. I shall overcome!
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

maybe you can share with someone that only has 1 unit ?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just kinda curious as to what it is you are trying to do. Could you give a brief overview, not to technical I'm just a Mississippi redneck with just a old handheld GPS on my boat.
    Biguns only:D

Post Thanks / Like

Yessir, you got that right, it is a crock. I own some software that when crap happens, and it does, one has to go through all the the heck calling people to get new authorization codes.

I wonder why only two units at a time. I sure hate you having to knock the dust off one of those million dollar CD's you have Mr. Tom...

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by england
    I'm just kinda curious as to what it is you are trying to do. Could you give a brief overview, not to technical I'm just a Mississippi redneck with just a old handheld GPS on my boat.
    I am making my own one of these. A multifunction, powerful, portable, wireless nav and sonar fishing system. I fish from multiple boats (whoever shows up at my house with a boat).
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:05 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Dang it! I want one too!!

Post Thanks / Like

That SUCKS! I really don't know what you are talking about, You are way over my head. I hope one day to have 1/10th the knowlege you have.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I own 3 Garmin GPS units. I own Fishing Hot Spots. I can not use the three Garmin GPS's with the Fishing Hot Spots. Garmin only allows 2 units. If I want to use the third, I have to delete one of the other two units and call Garmin to activate the newly added unit. This is pure bull. Naw, this is greed. If I want to use all three of my GPS units, I will have to buy another copy of Fishing Hot Spots. Ain't I lucky.

One of the reasons for working on my laptop project. Dedicated crap sux. I shall overcome!
    I think that there are unlocked versions out there I know that I have one and had it for at least a couple of years and it can be installed on as many pc's as you want.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I didn't know Microsoft owned Garmin.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

It's just like software on a computer, you do not pay for the software, you pay for the licensing. If Garmin did not have the lock, you could share the software on multiple web sites and Garmin could not sell any more software kits.

If you talk to the customer service, I am sure could buy one more license at a discounted price.

BTW, that set up looks like the Lowrence net set up...

If it works, you might sell it to Garmin!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast