Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This just sucks

Post Thanks / Like

Default This just sucks

Last edited by mduncan62; 01-24-2008 at 10:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

it's gettin bad....this winter has sucked there just havent been the breaks in the cold like normal winters,Ed and i talked last night about trying to go tomorrow and was gonna see if you and hogs wanted to go as a matter of fact i'll try to call you right now and see if you're still jammin...hope you're not sleepin:p :D
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Got it bad also,haven't wet a line since last week in Fl....think I'm going to make some test holes in the ice today and check if its safe

If so,monday I'll redrill them and give it a shot...as a last resort there is the docks at camp branch marina....not even sure they still keep the water open there in the winter anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Cook, my dad is saying the ice on the PONDS with ZERO goose activity is about 8 inches thick. Even on the bigger ponds. I understand thats NOT the lake. BECAREFUL out there.
    "It's on like Bing Bong"!!!!!! Si Robertson

Post Thanks / Like

as long as it is good black ice (not cloudy) you need two inches. but i always have a long (6") nail tied on a string aroudn my wrist just in case you go for a swim. i did that once a few years back, my nu%$ were mad at me for a week!
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

fry, are you taking in the boat show? At least it makes if feel like spring for a couple hours. Went yesterday, and chatted with Chatt for a while.

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

i've been thinking about going down there tomorrow for awhile. i'm heading out now to go sit on a bucket on top of a pond. hey, did you have storm debris from the Jan 12th storm? Most of Ballwin got destroyed, i've had seven crews out since the 13th and we've only cleared 25% of the city!
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, fry we got hit fairly hard. I have lots of debris in the back that I have not even got to yet. I may contact you off line with a question.
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Jackpot, if you're looking for a favor call my office by the end of the day on tuesday. any later than that and i will no longer be employed by the city of ballwin. if you call city hall they will transfer you to me (ask for the forester) or you should have just gotten a city newsletter and my office number is all over that thing.
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Fry on getting the new job. Hopes they treats ya well.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast