Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton report......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton report......

The camper cabins in the state park were really nice, and pet friendly. My pooch 'cujo' had a ball. Water looked high to me, and I fished where I could walk, and almost always late morning, midday, which in clear water = no fish. Still my favorite State Park, and we were able to unwind for a couple days, drink beer and laugh a lot. First time I've fished in a year and half, so it felt good to at least knock the dust off.

This being a holiday weekend, the campground was pretty packed, but the noise was minimal. Any other weekend we go there, there might be 2-3 campsites utilized, so in other words, if you want to go to a beautiful campground, and have it almost to yourselves, Stockton is the place to go.
    Likes Speck, beagle man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    The camper cabins in the state park were really nice, and pet friendly. My pooch 'cujo' had a ball. Water looked high to me, and I fished where I could walk, and almost always late morning, midday, which in clear water = no fish. Still my favorite State Park, and we were able to unwind for a couple days, drink beer and laugh a lot. First time I've fished in a year and half, so it felt good to at least knock the dust off.

This being a holiday weekend, the campground was pretty packed, but the noise was minimal. Any other weekend we go there, there might be 2-3 campsites utilized, so in other words, if you want to go to a beautiful campground, and have it almost to yourselves, Stockton is the place to go.
    I took a quick trip down sat and Sunday. I was shocked at the lack of boat traffic for Memorial Weekend. I normally avoid any lake on this weekend. But we had a really good trip and the fishing was the best I had ever had there. Sat was non stop action for multiple species. I will be back more now. Caught a bunch of crappie and walleye on crank baits fishing for bass. I would think a guy if setup could pull cranks and catch crappie really well there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes Danny W LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. The amount of boat traffic I heard was minimal. although, Saturday there was a breeze in the campground which would have kept me off the lake. When she's calm, it's the best lake and the best camping you can get.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post

Since the campsites can all be reserved now the place is pretty much full on weekends and can be on week days also.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeeinMo View Post
    I took a quick trip down sat and Sunday. I was shocked at the lack of boat traffic for Memorial Weekend. I normally avoid any lake on this weekend. But we had a really good trip and the fishing was the best I had ever had there. Sat was non stop action for multiple species. I will be back more now. Caught a bunch of crappie and walleye on crank baits fishing for bass. I would think a guy if setup could pull cranks and catch crappie really well there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yep, just ask Beagleman.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got the dust off hope the future goes well.

Post Thanks / Like

We pulled some cranks a couple weeks again and did not do real good. We did catch a few just not a bunch.

Post Thanks / Like

Those cabins are nice for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I would have had a little more notice Mike, it would have been nice to visit... next time. I got my crankin rods and gear ready, love pulling cranks on Stockton.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. I live 5 minutes from a boat ramp on lake o but travel to Stockton to fish in the day light on weekends. Beautiful scenery clear clean water and no boat traffic. Fishing is good too. PM me next time you're there will get you out on the boat.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30