Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman FYI

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman FYI

SWPA website shows generation schedule running water from 6am till midnight. With the recent rain they did not run water as of 11am today. the weir was tough today but we caught a few. I would guess this will take the current off the flats if you plan to dip timber. I also expect the lake to be on the rise as the ramps at Shawnee Bend were right at the water level. Be safe this weekend and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.
    Likes cy912 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

So about that report..... Stopped and talked to a guy before crossing the dam. Running water now so who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigfisherx View Post
    I would guess this will take the current off the flats if you plan to dip timber.
    Does that help, or hurt the fishing to have current on the flats?

Post Thanks / Like

My experience is to that if you have current boils on a tree the bite is a lot slower than when the water is calm. I may not be correct. Does anyone else have any input?

Likes vic n LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Could you send me the link to that website Jeff. I use one that only has the level and what they will pull that day and it usually doesn't jive with what the recording says when I call them that day. Looking for something more up to date.

Post Thanks / Like

Thx

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigfisherx View Post
    My experience is to that if you have current boils on a tree the bite is a lot slower than when the water is calm. I may not be correct. Does anyone else have any input?

Right on the money from my experience with current. I always try to stay out of it if at all possible. A few weeks back we found fish on the flats when they were pulling water. I could move 10 yards and not get a bite from where we just caught several off one tree. Was a 30-40 yard stretch out of a 100 yard stretch that held all the fish because an island was diverting the current.
    There was a lot of rain that will be coming down the Osage and the Grand. Lake should really get high quick. Just like last year before the One Pole. Will put all the active fish and every boat in the tournament in about 3 little areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Right on the money from my experience with current. I always try to stay out of it if at all possible. A few weeks back we found fish on the flats when they were pulling water. I could move 10 yards and not get a bite from where we just caught several off one tree. Was a 30-40 yard stretch out of a 100 yard stretch that held all the fish because an island was diverting the current.
    There was a lot of rain that will be coming down the Osage and the Grand. Lake should really get high quick. Just like last year before the One Pole. Will put all the active fish and every boat in the tournament in about 3 little areas.

YUK

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman FYI

Quote Originally Posted by frayed knot View Post
    Could you send me the link to that website Jeff. I use one that only has the level and what they will pull that day and it usually doesn't jive with what the recording says when I call them that day. Looking for something more up to date.
    The website is SWPA.org/generation schedule. I'm not much on computers but my cousin was able to set it up as an app in Safari on my iPhone. It will match what is on the phone line so Saturday they have posted 30 or 1 unit all day long. Once you pull up the site the column on the left will allow you to pull up the info but usually just one day at a time at about 4pm. Friday they will post the weekend schedule.

Post Thanks / Like

Likes dfar LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast