Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman, which way is upstream and downstream?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman, which way is upstream and downstream?

As the title says, which way on Truman is downstream and which was is upstream? For example, if someone said downstream of Bucksaw which way is that coming out of the ramp (right or left)?

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

From Bucksaw ramp you turn left to head downstream. Right is upstream/upriver. Where ever you find yourself in any arm of the lake going towards the dam will be down river. A few places sell a foldable nap that has the whole lake on it. Then it makes it easy to see. I believe Bucksaw has them and they have a large one hanging on the wall in there also.
    Likes cy912 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny I never thought of a lake having a downstream and upstream to it. But after thinking of it as a river that was dammed to create the lake, it finally made sense. Thanks!
    Likes Jigging15 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ya just have to look at each River arm on its own. 4 major arms and they all head a different direction and wind around as they go. I always get people lost when out fishing new areas they have not been. Funny asking them which way we need to go to get back to the ramp.
    Likes dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Another saying that gets kinda confusing is when locals say upper part of the lake and lower part. Now does that mean the further away from the dam is the upper part and the closer to the dam is the lower part? For example, upper Grand arm and lower Grand. Then there's south Grand arm too. Is the south Grand arm the same as the lower Grand?

Post Thanks / Like

Lower grand arm to me is long shoal to Bucksaw. Upper grand is Bucksaw to 13 hwy bridges. Lower Osage is wrights creek to Hoagles Creek/KK island area. Upper Osage would be from wrights creek to above 13 hwy at Osceola. Ya the south grand arm is what we are calling upper and lower.
    Likes cy912 LIKED above post

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

South Grand is the name of the fiver itself. There is a North Grand river in Missouri on the north side of the Missouri River in the central part of the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigfisherx View Post
    South Grand is the name of the fiver itself. There is a North Grand river in Missouri on the north side of the Missouri River in the central part of the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That helps a TON! For the longest time I could not find where the North Grand is on Truman. Glad to know it's the actual name of the river and not the location of it.