Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Entry fees?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Entry fees?!?

Does anyone know why the entry fees to the Crappie Masters Tournaments are so high and the payouts are low compared to bass tournaments?

Post Thanks / Like

Keeps the riff-raff like me out

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw
    Likes vic n, Clownfish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Masters pays 100% of entry fees back to winners. Pay down is determined by number of boats entered, 1 and 5... What bass tournaments are you referring to? A lot of the bass tournaments I see have an 80 or 70% pay back with a 1 and 5 pay down as well making payout comparably smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Jigging15 LIKED above post

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

5K don't sound cheap

Entry fees into the Elite Series are $5,000 per event. Non-boater entry fees are $750.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see.....Bass baits up to $20+ each. Crappie tubes $0.10 each. Which company do you think is willing to fork over thousands of dollars in sponsor money. Mike V. does a he__ of a job lining up sponsors. He somehow manages to find several not directly aligned with fishing. Imagine what a job that is.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fished bass tournaments on Truman for years and not many of them if any were even 100% payback. I also would like to know which bass tournaments your comparing to that are paying so much better. I may have to pick back up a 7 1/2' flippin stick again and sell the 10' rods.

Post Thanks / Like

The bass guys big money comes from non-outdoor companies, tires,trucks, insurance. Even with the big money sponsors the fishermen are still making up 50-80% of the money paid back with the entrance fees. Most of the sponsership money goes to pay for running the tournaments. I disagree with the statement about Mike paying 100% back some of the math I did it looks like Crappie Masters is paying back 82-85% on most of the tournaments money wise I'm not counting gift cards or other non money prizes. If you asked most pors if they could fish the trail with out their personal sponsorships they would say no that's where they make their real pay checks.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not defending anyone one way or the other. I had pictures of the results from the Lake Fork one pole. So from what I see as pay outs added up to with in $500. Add in top male/female and top adult/youth and you are probably back to 100%. I don't have one to look at but I believe last years flyers/book with tournaments and sponsors said it was 100% payback in cash and prizes. I would say if anyone on here would know about how they payout it would be Dillion. Now to figure out where to fish to win the One Pole tournament in June.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the long time touring guys recently dropped off the BASS Elite tour, seems a pretty thoughtful and fair guy overall. He researched payouts on the two national bass tours and came up with anglers contributing over 60% of prize monies on the Elite tour and over 80% in FLW. And those numbers have gotten worse in the last decade for the anglers. Local and regional circuits are all over the road map on payouts, CM probably ranks amongst some of the highest in terms of return to anglers.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how $225 to $350 split two ways is a lot of money for a tournament that pays $4500 to $6500 to first place. I don't fish tourneys but I'd imagine crappie tournaments are more for fun and competition. With around a 100 boat field the chances of being in the money are slim even for the best anglers. Bassmaster Elite series pays out at least $10,000 to the top 50 but the fees are insane and those anglers typically have a long list of sponsors. I read an article where Takahiro Omori said he spends over 40k of his own money per year to fish Elite and FLW. And a lot of those anglers can't last very long at that high of level, unlike KVD who just won his 21st Bassmaster win, dude that's crazy.
    "In my father's house are many mansions..." John 14:2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast