Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How's the cold front affecting the crappie bite?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How's the cold front affecting the crappie bite?

Has anyone been fishing since the rain? Has the bite slowed since this cold front hit? I've been wanting to get out but am afraid the crappie will be off the banks and deep. Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

cy...that's what I'd assume. They shouldn't be far off , but off a little. More rain comin this Sat and possibly Sunday. May be slow for a few days, but the next warm weather we get, especially at night, it should be on like Donkey Kong.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a gonna go find out in a few minutes, will report back this evening if I don't forget.
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

Bite was pretty good today where I was fishing on the Grand down from Bucksaw. Didn't get out until noon and I fished off the bank anywhere from 5 ft depth of water to 15ft depth but fish weren't deep. I seen several boats fishing the banks and catching a few but I stayed out from bank 20 to 50 yards and kept moving dipping black/chartreuse jig.
    Had a limit with 3 around 13 in. And 1 over 14
    Likes dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Same here, 12 foot of water was the key, once we found them the bite was decent.
    Bulletman aka Tommy
    Likes cy912 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

went out last nite to a local lake and the water had cooled off 10 degress from Tuesday to Thursday and the water level went up 2 to 3 feet. did't catch a single crappie on the bank and they were back out in the brush piles. in the coves the visibility is maybe 2 to 3 inches but back out on the main lake above the brush piles it is a lot better. prob gonna be a few days before it gets good again and water settles.

Post Thanks / Like

Me and a buddy fished yesterday on the grand from Finey point to teal bend and caught 24 keepers before we had to leave at noon. A few we caught on the bank under a bobber but most we caught pitching jigs around stumps out away from the bank. Water came up a little but we were still seeing temps around 63/68 degrees. I wouldnt say it was on fire but keep moving and you'll find a few here and there.
    Smile, it kills time between disasters!