Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: MTL dead shad, dirty water, windy, rough catching

Post Thanks / Like

Default MTL dead shad, dirty water, windy, rough catching

Got there and looked at water and said YUK. You could see bottom of bobber and that was it. Very murky. Had a few bites early but no hook ups. Nothing on the banks. Found out from bank but couldn't force feed them. Dropped AQua View down and couldn't see anything. Fish would have to kiss lense to be seen. Lots of dead Shad floating by. All day long they floated by in the wind. Strange time for that. Took four hours to catch a fish and they were dinks. All dinks. Used minners and plastics. Plain hook with minner outfished jig with plastic or minner. Did hook something nice. Using my little 5 ft. Rod I pitched a minner next to rock ledge. It was gone right away. Started reeling and had some weight but no fight. Got it about a foot from boat before it came off. Thinking it was a cat because of the way it didn't fight. It just swam were it wanted. Water to dirty to see when close. Oh well that gold Aberdeen hook would have a battle with it. Little 5 ft ultralight outfished my 10 & 12 ft crappie rods. That is the report from area we fished. Lick Creek.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully it gets back in shape by next week end. I'll be spending 4 days there for crappie fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope they don't get a bunch of rain to mess it up worse.

Post Thanks / Like

well you tried and next time maybe better luck. nice day out

Post Thanks / Like

We had some luck last Monday and Tuesday up in Brush Creek off of South Fork. Water wasn't too bad if you didn't go too far into the creek. We were dropping jigs tipped with minnows on stumps. Didn't catch a ton of fish but we caught some good quality fish. We were moving around a lot. Talked to one guy who anchored off of some boulders and brush and fished there for a few hours with minnows and bobber and he had 13 good ones in the boat and had thrown back twice as many dinks and bass. The lake is VERY low right now so if you're going to fish those creeks I would only go mid way back.