Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Heading Up to Try The Turkeys and Crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heading Up to Try The Turkeys and Crappie!

Hey Kansas CDC brothers! I'm from South Central Arkansas and never been to Kansas before. The turkey hunting here in my area has been horrible! They were gobbling there heads off 2 weeks before our season opened on the 16th.
    Anyway I'd sure appreciate anyone pointing me to a good WIHA in the southeast part of the state. Been eyeballing the Lake Parsons area as I'll also be scouting around for a future bow hunting spot.
    My Son can't get off work to go with me so I'll be making the trip alone. I'm disabled with 2 knee replacements. I get around alright as long as I don't have to pull many big hills. May check out a few crappie spots for future trips while there.
    Anyway, thanks in advance for any help and hope everyone up that way is having a great spring hunting and fishing.

Thanks,
    Slabbandit

CATCH A BIG-UN
    Likes slabby joe, IceNitro LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will find the turkeys just as scarce here. SE KS population is down. Also the public is getting pounded. Federal warden stopped to talk to me as I was cutting cedars yesterday. He had just checked 4 guys from Mississippi that were hunting public. It was noon on their second day and they had not heard or seen a turkey. If you can manage to get on private somehow it may be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to hear that but thanks for the heads up!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit View Post
    Hey Kansas CDC brothers! I'm from South Central Arkansas and never been to Kansas before. The turkey hunting here in my area has been horrible! They were gobbling there heads off 2 weeks before our season opened on the 16th.
    Anyway I'd sure appreciate anyone pointing me to a good WIHA in the southeast part of the state. Been eyeballing the Lake Parsons area as I'll also be scouting around for a future bow hunting spot.
    My Son can't get off work to go with me so I'll be making the trip alone. I'm disabled with 2 knee replacements. I get around alright as long as I don't have to pull many big hills. May check out a few crappie spots for future trips while there.
    Anyway, thanks in advance for any help and hope everyone up that way is having a great spring hunting and fishing.

Thanks,
    Slabbandit

Hey buddy. I sent you a PM. -Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

How did it go?