Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman lake map... / fishing report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman lake map... / fishing report

I see places like "Jackson" or "Pretty Bob" mentioned, but as a relative newby to crappie fishing and Truman lake I have no idea where these places are. I've looked at maps of the lake but still don't see these places listed.

My question - is there a map that shows these places by this name? If so where can I get it?

Fishing report- fished Saturday and Sunday. Both days we put in at Bucksaw before sun up left at noon and mostly fished one cove. It's the first big cove on the left if you come out of Bucksaw and hang a right. Basically due west of the marina if your headed up toward highway U bridge (see if I had a map I could possibly give you a name here). Anyway we kept 17 Saturday and 28 Sunday between the two of us. We were pitching jigs at the bank under a cork about 16" down. Our best luck was back in the cove where it turns south and there's a rock face. We picked up about 10, 11-13 inch fish in a span of about 100 yards both days. Black and chartreuse, purple and chartreuse, or dark green and chartreuse were the ticket. I was using a plain lead head jig with a sickle hook and my backseat was using a roadrunner jig head.

Kept all males. Big fish was a 14" female (only female we caught all weekend) that I took a pic with and put back in the water.

Thx
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver
    Likes kcglock, DOFC LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keyser_soze View Post
    I see places like "Jackson" or "Pretty Bob" mentioned, but as a relative newby to crappie fishing and Truman lake I have no idea where these places are. I've looked at maps of the lake but still don't see these places listed.

My question - is there a map that shows these places by this name? If so where can I get it?

Fishing report- fished Saturday and Sunday. Both days we put in at Bucksaw before sun up left at noon and mostly fished one cove. It's the first big cove on the left if you come out of Bucksaw and hang a right. Basically due west of the marina if your headed up toward highway U bridge (see if I had a map I could possibly give you a name here). Anyway we kept 17 Saturday and 28 Sunday between the two of us. We were pitching jigs at the bank under a cork about 16" down. Our best luck was back in the cove where it turns south and there's a rock face. We picked up about 10, 11-13 inch fish in a span of about 100 yards both days. Black and chartreuse, purple and chartreuse, or dark green and chartreuse were the ticket. I was using a plain lead head jig with a sickle hook and my backseat was using a roadrunner jig head.

Kept all males. Big fish was a 14" female (only female we caught all weekend) that I took a pic with and put back in the water.
    Thx

Look up into where the actual creek is. I know Pretty Bob is on the map because I was in that area this past weekend. I used the regular corps map that is given away in parks, stores, etc. I checked and Jackson is on the Fishing Hotspots map for that section (North Map). The Hotspots map is good for the beginning Truman fisherman. The Hotspots map are sold in most tackle stores and Walmarts. They are about $11 a piece and you will need North and South sections for Truman.
    Last edited by TwainGang; 04-18-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried finding those creek names without luck. I will look into finding those maps they give away
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keyser_soze View Post
    I have tried finding those creek names without luck. I will look into finding those maps they give away
    Search truman lake map and down load a pdf copy, the creek names should be on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I think the cove you were in was Jackson, Pretty Bob is past U bridge and the second cove on the right, if you go past the gravel boat ramp on the right you went to far.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Jackson to me. Spent most of the last weekend there in the same area that you mentioned and same bank (north side). That was a great bank for us. Lots of boats in there all weekend. Congrats and keep catchin'.

Post Thanks / Like

We did fish the one on the north side but the one I'm talking to is on the east side if you go south in that cove

Post Thanks / Like

most of the creek names are way up the creek in the grass areas. they are on my Lowrance units. and on the map card... keep checking, the more you search the better off you will be.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy the map at Bucksaw, ask the guys at the counter and use a pen to write them on there, or you can look at the poster on the wall outside the Marina store and get the names there, write them on your map.

I keep those maps in the boat.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.
    Likes beagle man LIKED above post

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you found Jackson. Bring a map to crappie camp and I bet we can get some names wrote on it for you. Look out for DRFishJD marking anything though. Them boys have secret names for every cove in the Grand arm. I'll never forget my first camp and seeing his face when I mentioned Angel Cove!!!
    Likes beagle man LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast