Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bass Lake/Newbie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Lake/Newbie

New to the area and site. Great to see actually contributing members to a forum! Living in Valpo, going over to Bass Lake this weekend to try to find a few crappies. Ive read a little about the lake, south end shallow, another shallow bay on the northwest side I believe. Has anyone had any success in these area, is there structure to fish? Is there a local baitshop I can hit between Valpo and the lake? May end up chasing eyes around in the evening. Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

there's a bait shop in Valpo. Crappies on Bass Lake - there's a good bay on the northern part of the West end of the lake that produces a lot of crappies, also, Cranberry Point is a good place to try. You can always drift across the middle of the lake north of the park and drag a jig n minnow or jig n crawler to try for walleyes. It'll be pretty busy on the weekend, I find that going there in the middle of the week is much better.
    Roaming the banks of the Kankakee River and anywhere else fish might lurk.

Post Thanks / Like

10-4 thanks fish. As for fishing the middle of the week, that's what I keep telling my boss but he doesn't seem to care too much!
    Likes danwalleye LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Koonce Lake in Walkerton

Post Thanks / Like

Koonce Lake in Walkerton. Nice crappies being caught. Did very well the other day.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks dipsy, that's another lake on the list to hit. Did decent on bass this weekend, crappies started to push into the bay Saturday afternoon, even caught a few walleyes. Surface temp got up to 72 back there both days.