Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shooting docks

Post Thanks / Like

Default shooting docks

hello all.....member since 2006, sold the boat a few years back because I was burnt out. going to get back into it this year. what is shooting docks?

Post Thanks / Like

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back, I am guessing that you fish LOZ if you are planning on shooting dock?

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the link......no my home lake is Mark Twain.....(get the name DinkMaster now?).......my buddy and I are going to be fishing the LOZ tho this weekend.....be my first time fishing there....all I have ever done at the LOZ is drink beer and pleasure boat....so it will be a new experience for me......at mark twain I just jig brush....with a single jigging rod.....and never more than 12 feet deep with pink and chartruese

Post Thanks / Like

Great time to expand your horizons have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

If you get into shooting docks and want to buy a rod n reel setup get something that works good the first time you buy. I went through a few setups and wasted money. I recommend a 6' 6" med light action rod with good backbone and sensitive tip. I like to shoot with hi vis mono and a weedless jig head so I don't get caught up under the dock. My set up is a BPS carbon light rod and Pflueger President 6930 reel. Good luck it can be frustrating at first.
    "In my father's house are many mansions..." John 14:2
    Likes Slabprowler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just toss the jig head in the back of the boat slip, give it a five count and slowly reel it back and watch for the line twich when they hit it. I would use blue ice or something with chartruse in it. Keep an eye on your line because they hit it right when it hits the water. If no bites you may have to let it go deeper. Best docks have fish cleaning stations on them usually.

Post Thanks / Like

After watching the video, it doesn't seem like it's something I want to try. Is there coves with cedar trees and brush you can jig? Or is dock fishing the ticket?

Post Thanks / Like

You will catch more fish and bigger fish than you've ever caught. We probably averaged 100 a day. Get you a coffee can shut your garage door on it ,get all the way back and try to skip it in the jar.
    Likes LSL Angler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We fish tournaments. Best rod for shooting docks is a 6.9 medium light with a slightly bigger spool reel with 8# green line. Get you a pink head with a silver and chartreuse Bobby Garland split tail.
    Likes LSL Angler LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast