Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gun Metal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gun Metal

Here's a color I stumbled upon last spring while messing with some new glitter ideas. I showed the Gun Metal in a box in another thread that appears clear while this one is definitely bluer. This is the color that I have had my best luck on since last summer. I have to try that gun metal in the box as a clearer plastic bait but the glitter is heavy enough that its almost the same as these. Basically all I do is cook the plastic to the 350 degrees and stir in glitter, Canada Blue one part to 2 parts of Gun Metal, then let the plastic cool if I want this bluer rendition. When its completely cooled I re-melt and then inject as I normally do. I think both glitters are bleeding slightly to get this smoky blue color into the plastic. There is some uv enhancer in the plastic too but that doesn't affect the glitter and doesn't show enough to make the baits this blue. Whatever it is, the crappies are nuts for the color and thru the course of last spring, summer and fall this color got crappies under every kind of water condition imaginable. Its also been a solid color in the cold water this early spring too.

Likes S10CHEVY, short grub LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a good looking bait. Very similar to Ice Blue/Chartreuse sliders that I use a pile of.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

very nice
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a 2 1/2" Stinger Wutzit from Do-Its like-up of crappie baits using the gun metal over a fire opal clear belly plastic. The belly isn't truly clear as the fire opal fogs it up making it look almost like a pearl. but yet not a pearl.

Likes snake River, short grub, cutbait LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

oh yeh....you got it going on
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Them will fill the boat for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful. Tom does that tail on the thump it. Wiggle wildly like the Charlie Breuer slider?
    A Proud member of Lake Allatoona and Lake Weiss (Team Geezer)

Post Thanks / Like

You bet it does.