Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville Lake opinions?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Prayer Request Smithville Lake opinions?!?!

hey guys, I plan on fishing next week but honestly don't know where a good place might be from the bank? Do you guys recommend the W bridges or the Dam for some crappie? I'm somewhat new and live 45min away so honestly don't wanna waste some quality time as I work and also in college. I fish with minnows by the way. Jigs gets me depressed after several casts and no bites, almost like a workout!

Or any marinas that are free? i dont wanna enter a marina and start fishing and get called out that it isnt free or not my property. then id be the dumb one haha. well any opinions/recommendations would really help! best to go morning or nights? i plan on going night at about 6pm! thanks !

Post Thanks / Like

W bridge may be your best bet. Park on the road so you don't pay the $8 parking fee. Fish under the bridge casting between the pillars as far as you can using a slip bobber. Cooler weather next week may be a turnoff for the fish but anybody's guess. You can fish the marina's till April 1st but will cost $4 per day. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd listen to love2fish on this one....he is the only one on here who has been consistently catching anything. Good luck, and let us know how it goes

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with love2fish. W does real well along the shore line. Just gotta find the brush pile during pre spawn stage(which they're in now) Good luck and tight lines!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the helpful tip! would you recommend the first W bridge by the ramp or the 2nd W bridge that is about .5 miles away from the first?

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen more people bank fishing around the bridge by the boat ramps. Don't have a clue on which one is better! Try them both and let us know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys, I took a shot at smithville today, check out my new post! :S lemme know whatcha think!

Post Thanks / Like

You might also want to try the bridge over by Camp Branch. On each side of the bridge, they put in some cover that may be within a cast of the shore. You might want to keep an eye out for those squirmy things that like to hang out in the rocks and along the shore. Most are water snakes, but they can still startle you a little...me...I scream like a little girl and go running for high ground!!!!!
    I believe in catch and release.....right into the grease!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Is that bridge and the area around it popular? I remember seeing a map where there was a bunch of trees/brush piles by the bridges. You know if there are any handicap docks that are free to fish? haha squirmy things! Had a snake before try to get my fish that was in a basket, impossible lol. Shoot the things I hear late at night at Smithville make me wanna scream like a little girl too. joking, maybe :P thanks for the advice mate!

Quote Originally Posted by sevenfiftynine View Post
    You might also want to try the bridge over by Camp Branch. On each side of the bridge, they put in some cover that may be within a cast of the shore. You might want to keep an eye out for those squirmy things that like to hang out in the rocks and along the shore. Most are water snakes, but they can still startle you a little...me...I scream like a little girl and go running for high ground!!!!!