Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vertical Jigging Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vertical Jigging Rod

Hello all,

I need some advice, looking to purchase a vertical jigging rod between 10-12 ft. I've not done it very often and primarily fish with a slip bobber but that's not always the most effective. Any advice on rod or rod/reel combo that I good value for $ would be much appreciated.

beancounter

Post Thanks / Like

I am using a B n' M BGJP and really like it. Won't break the bank, and seems to be stout as well as sensitive. I have an 8' and an 11'. The 8' is my go to. I flip it and let it pendulum back to vertical.

Post Thanks / Like

B n' M SHSS will fit the bill nicely.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 10' salmon/steelhead casting rod paired with an old baitcast reel that works better than anything I've ever used. I believe it's an Eagle Claw, Granger? Got it from ebay for ~$50 shipped. Pulls fish out of cover fast and even if you hook into a 20lb flathead, it can take it.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 10 ft SHSS I really like. I also bought a Wally Marshal plastic reel, then a B&M , then found the same reel as the B&M on ebay about half the cost. Really like those small reels. They weigh nothing and have a good drag. Will try to post link to what I am talking about.

Mr. CrappieŽ Fishing Reels

Solo is the first one I bought, his new jigging reel is real similar to the B&M.

B&M Buck's Best Ultra Light Crappie Reel

This is same reel as B&M.
    GLA0 1 1 1 BB Ball Bearing Super Light Cmpact Black Fly Fishing Reel 40mm | eBay
    Last edited by Cray; 03-09-2016 at 05:16 PM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I quit B-n-M several years back because of breakage problems . Love them Ozarks , have not broke one in over 4 years . I seldom use a landing net and swing 2 lbers in the boat with no problem . I use the 11 foot forward seat rods with spinning reels. They are sensitive but tough .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    I quit B-n-M several years back because of breakage problems . Love them Ozarks , have not broke one in over 4 years . I seldom use a landing net and swing 2 lbers in the boat with no problem . I use the 11 foot forward seat rods with spinning reels. They are sensitive but tough .
    Hmmmm......interesting. I've been using B n' M rods (3) for over 6 seasons now and have never broken a rod. But then again, to be fair, I'm not using 11' rods either!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    Hmmmm......interesting. I've been using B n' M rods (3) for over 6 seasons now and have never broken a rod. But then again, to be fair, I'm not using 11' rods either!
    I have never put fish in the boat with a rod . Most of our keeping fish would be tough on a b/m rod other than a b 'n m' brush cutter .
    Last edited by NIMROD; 03-28-2016 at 07:23 AM. Reason: OOPS

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

11 foot BnM Duck Commander Double Touch rear seat with a Mr. Crappie Solo reel
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Tn Johnboy, Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast