Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: locked thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default locked thread

Just saw this locked thread about the minnows and just wanted to say, please don`t seine minnows from other places and take them to your lake! You may be introducing Silver Carp, Zebra mussels or other invasive species into your favorite lake!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dash Rip Rap View Post
    Just saw this locked thread about the minnows and just wanted to say, please don`t seine minnows from other places and take them to your lake! You may be introducing Silver Carp, Zebra mussels or other invasive species into your favorite lake!!
    Good catch (no pun intended). Yes, it is definitely illegal to bring live fish caught from one body of water into another body of water.

Btw, I started the other thread that got locked. It was fun while it lasted. Funny how some folks can get worked up over something they don't agree on the internet.
    Likes TwainGang LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cy912 View Post
    Good catch (no pun intended). Yes, it is definitely illegal to bring live fish caught from one body of water into another body of water.

Btw, I started the other thread that got locked. It was fun while it lasted. Funny how some folks can get worked up over something they don't agree on the internet.
    I've been running my garage minnow holding system for a couple weeks now and I recommend people do it i they have room. I probably went a little more than was necessary and added a cheap 10 gallonl aquarium water filter and some plastic aquarium plants for environmental enrichment, but I haven't lost a single minnow yet. Just feed them every couple days with some goldfish food. They are there when I need them and I can buy minnows whenever I can and they will be ready when I need them-early in the morning before the shops open up. I hate depending on other people- that's why I fished jigs for so long-bait shops are too undependable.

OK everybody! Pile on! (sorry for being so controversial, moderators.)
    Likes beagle man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Skip them minners and just jig

But there are days where i wish i had minnows

Post Thanks / Like

We bring all our leftover minnows home and put them in a couple of small ponds. You should see how big some of them get. husband catches them with cast net and then we take them to river fore catfish bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwainGang View Post
    I've been running my garage minnow holding system for a couple weeks now and I recommend people do it i they have room. I probably went a little more than was necessary and added a cheap 10 gallonl aquarium water filter and some plastic aquarium plants for environmental enrichment, but I haven't lost a single minnow yet. Just feed them every couple days with some goldfish food. They are there when I need them and I can buy minnows whenever I can and they will be ready when I need them-early in the morning before the shops open up. I hate depending on other people- that's why I fished jigs for so long-bait shops are too undependable.

OK everybody! Pile on! (sorry for being so controversial, moderators.)

That's a very good idea. I have an old 10 gallon aquarium in the basement somewhere. I can probably go buy a cheap water filter thing on ebay and aerator. I normally just throw my bucket of minnows in the fridge til next time I go. But my wife would like it better if I didn't have to do that everytime. Thanks for the idea.
    Likes TwainGang, "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cy912 View Post
    That's a very good idea. I have an old 10 gallon aquarium in the basement somewhere. I can probably go buy a cheap water filter thing on ebay and aerator. I normally just throw my bucket of minnows in the fridge til next time I go. But my wife would like it better if I didn't have to do that everytime. Thanks for the idea.
    Frabill makes an AC aerator that runs about $16 and you can probably get by with letting any chlorinated water gas out by letting it sit for a day or so before putting minnows into it. I got some chemical water treatment from Bass Pro that is supposed to dechlorinate the water and put electrolytes in it for fish health. That was the most expensive part of the set-up but it will last for years, as little as you need to use. The plastic tub I got at Menards for $7-8. It is about 20 gallons or so. Filter and food you can probably get at a pet store or Wal-Mart.