Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RTIC cup vs Yetti

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default RTIC cup vs Yetti

Ok long post probably. Last year on here and face book lots of discussion on this new company and their coolers. Coolers about half price of Yeti and others. Complaints it was taking forever to get coolers. Well the other day I saw a post on face book about their cups. I go in search off and found a bunch of reviews on their cups. And being the money saving WannaB kinda guy I am I checked them out. 30 oz yeti 40.00 and sold over the holidays for 80.00. So the RTIC 30 oz is 19.95 plus shipping. My daughter had bought me the 20 oz yeti for my birthday and I like it so I decided to get her one and my wife one. When I placed the order it came up free shipping. Good deal. So only draw back if it is one, it took over 3 wks to get in, there again not a big deal to me. Came yesterday so I decided to do my own test. Filled up my 20 oz with crushed ice, dumped it into the 30 oz then filled the 20 oz up again. Put on lids and sat them on the counter. Temp in house roughly 68 constant. It has now been 26 hrs and they both have the same amount of ice and water in them. They still have roughly a coffee cup of ice left. So in conclusion from my un scientific study the RTIC is just as good as the YETI at half the price.
    They only offer the 30 not the 20 oz but they do offer a no spill lid for another 4 and change.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

If I am not mistaken..DOA in Hernando is handling some of the coolers..nor sure about the cups

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

My problem is not do they work . I have had two given to me and both stolen . Guess they are to tempting to walk by . Just give me a red cup . lol
    Likes Cray, Slab Slinger LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eagle 1 View Post
    My problem is not do they work . I have had two given to me and both stolen . Guess they are to tempting to walk by . Just give me a red cup . lol
    Coach, that's the way I am about my yeti. I rarely take out of the house and if I do it stays locked in the truck. Anything with Yeti on it seems mighty tempting.

Post Thanks / Like

As to coolers, y'all check out iceebin coolers
    Arkie lures prostaff
    Spyder Loc rod holders
    Slab Shaker rods
    Proud member Team Watch the Finger

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodtime View Post
    As to coolers, y'all check out iceebin coolers
    How much are they, only found their site with no pricing and one in Jonesboro that wants all your info before they will give a price.

strmwalker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    How much are they, only found their site with no pricing and one in Jonesboro that wants all your info before they will give a price.
    cray,
    here are few sites off the website of icebin !!! it will give you a good idea of the prices !!

Runtime Error

Runtime Error

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday"
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point. "AMEN"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strmwalker View Post
    cray,
    here are few sites off the website of icebin !!! it will give you a good idea of the prices !!

Runtime Error

Runtime Error
    Thanks Strmwalker, good pricing compared to the other big names but the RTIC is still cheaper by 35 to 40 dollars on the 40 qt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    Not sure on retail, dad got one and I like it, ordered it through tallahachie farm supply wher he works.
    Arkie lures prostaff
    Spyder Loc rod holders
    Slab Shaker rods
    Proud member Team Watch the Finger

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eagle 1 View Post

When I bought my better half one of the 30 oz Yeti cups I took it by a trophy shop and had it laser etched with her name and a design... I'm sure that won't deter all scum sucking POS thieves but I think it helps..........
    Three can keep a secret................If two of them are dead! (Benjamin Franklin)
    Likes Cray, Billbob LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast