Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dang.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dang.

I used my debit card for gas on 02/05. Went to fill up again on 02/19 and it was declined. I returned home to pick up Debbie and head for another Kroger. My card was declined again, had to use her card.
    The bank called today asking about some declined purchases. 02/12/2016 6:20 pm $869 in Horn Lake and 8:35 pm $976 some 30 miles away in Memphis. I know where we were from 5:25 till 9:45 pm. No were near either location.
    Now I have to wait a week before I get a new card and can spend some money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canebreaker View Post
    Now I have to wait a week before I get a new card and can spend some money.
    No you don't. Your credit is good with me. Dang.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.
    Likes canebreaker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

PTL for the card security profile that stopped it. If you request, some cards will over night one to you. Glad you didn't suffer a loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Had something similar to that happen to me. Had to wait 10 days right before Christmas to get a new card. It was a real pain in the butt.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

A month after a cruise, my credit card company called me and asked if I was trying to buy a used Volkswagen in Mexico. Lol.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speck View Post
    A month after a cruise, my credit card company called me and asked if I was trying to buy a used Volkswagen in Mexico. Lol.
    Shoulda told them you were trying to buy a new extra capacity washing machine!
    Likes Speck LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That's no good, I prefer cash myself. The only time I use a card is at the fuel pumps or large purchase, it's just easier then guessing how much you need. That being said, I can't count how many times over the years I have had to buy lunches because of co workers, friends or families declined cards, down machines or failure to read..

Post Thanks / Like

Canebreaker. Just my two cents worth but check to see if your bank has a app that will alert you anytime anything is charged to your credit card or debit card mine does I get alerts even about auto amounts that I have taken out every month I get a text alert. Very handy also I recommend LifeLock I've had it for three years they catch suspicious things fairly regularly although it's not a common occurrence with my accounts

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple of years ago Jigflinger and I went to the new Academy in Colierville, next day I went to BassPro and card got turned down. Called card co and found out the night before someone tried to use my number to buy a 1200.00 tv in Atlanta and they shut it down. They also hit Flinger a couple of days later. So I have to wait 3 days for new card and dang if they didn't get it within 2 weeks and I hadn't even used it. This time I got a call from card co while they were trying to use it. They had cashier call police and they got arrested right at the register.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

There was a rash of fraud at the Credit Union where I do my banking, my father-in-law got hit and I almost got hit. I was monitoring my account on a daily basis after hearing what my fil went through and saw a suspicious charge of $1 from a hotel in New York and immediately called the credit union, they said that the crooks will try to make a smaller charge first to see if it goes through and then they start making the bigger charges, luckily I caught it before they were able to do any damage. As a result, the credit union restricted all out of state charges, if you plan to use your debit card out of state you have to notify them of when/where you are travelling so they can lift the restrictions from your card so you can use it in whatever states you are travelling to.

Fast forward two years to last week. I live and work in Memphis and we had an offsite meeting in Southaven, several of us met up for lunch prior to the meeting. I go to pay my check and my debit card is declined, a little embarrassing to say the least, luckily I had a little cash on me, I rarely carry cash but I just happened to have a little on me that day. Took me a minute to figure out why the card was declined, I knew there was plenty of money in the account. Seems like Southaven, Horn Lake, and Olive Branch shouldn't be restricted since they are so close but I guess they can only do it by state and I was out of state. Pretty sad when you have to call and let the bank know you are travelling less than 30 minutes to go have lunch.

I have never had this problem when fishing in Mississippi, the store near the Tekville ramp didn't even take credit/debit cards last time I was there and the guy at the Dam store gets cross when you try to use a card for less that $10 so I just got into the habit of taking cash, need cash for the drop boxes at the ramp anyway, and a pen, I never seem to have a dang pen in the truck when I'm trying to pay the boat launch fee and fill out the envelope and the thing that hangs from the rearview mirror.
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.