Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wanted stick steer boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wanted stick steer boat

I'm a new member looking for a nice and clean stick steer boat. I prefer fiberglass but will consider an aluminum.
    Models like War Eagle, Xpress, Royal, Pro Gator, Kingfisher, Tide Craft Etc
    Any direction on finding one will be appreciated.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A good one is hard to find. Took me over a year to find mine. If no one jumps on here watch Dallas craigs list. I found a couple down there but were higher than I wanted to pay and to far to travel. I have a Wareagle 754VS and will put it up against any of the others.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Kens Marine in Hot Springs, AR has a nice express stick steer.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Post Thanks / Like

Word to the wise. Up here in Yankee land . You don't see many stick steering rigs. Got tired of searching for one. Bought a 13-1/2 skiff. Did all the rigging myself and made me a really efficient fishing machine. One fine spring day I pull it out to wash and shine her up. Just as I finished guy pulls in my driveway. Says don't bother putting a " For Sale " sign on her I will take it. I tell him that the rig is not for sale. He replies nonsense everything has a price to it. I shake my head and start to push boat back in my two boat ( most people have car garages) garage. He whips out his checkbook and says name your price. I stay with the not for sale reply. He goes back to car and I think he finally accepted the no. Wrong. He brings back a notebook the paper kind. Writes a figure down and says will that do it. I reply that is more than the rig is worth but I still don't want to sell since its my sweat , ideas and rigging. Without blinking he increases the figure another 50%. Now I would be a fool not to sell ( financially ). So I sell it. A little richer but far from happy. Next year I decide I missed the stick rig so much. I am going to convert my console Starcraft to a stick system. Order a new stick steer from EZY-Glide. Get it all laid out just have to wait for warmer weather to install. Same story different guy and not as high as profit. My 25 HP 2-Stroke is what caught this ones eye as he lives on 25HP limit lake. Once again richer but wondering what in the world.

My cousin was visiting me when this happened on the 2nd boat. after guy leaves with boat in tow. He has heard story about the first boat. Why in the world don't you open a boat sales place here. Told him when I retired I meant it.

Only boat I have left now is a 16' Lund Angler II. Tiller steering with a 20HP 4 stroke Nissan. I have it set up perfectly for how I like to fish. With the exception of stick steering. I will not tempt fate by installing it in the Lund. The Ezy-Glide is still hanging.

Moral of story- If you buy one don't sell like the " dummy " I was.
    Likes Kjostad LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I got real lucky and found a nice 1999 Duracraft SS (aluminum) with a 40 Yamaha on it. Guy bought it for his grandkids to fish in at his lake house but they all wanted to ride in was his pontoon. Been sitting in his garage with about 50 hours on it when I bought it last year. Really nice with carpet and live well etc. However, if I had the money I would get one of the Royal stick steer boats made in Alabama. They are fiberglass and are the top of the line in stick steer boats.

Request Rejected

PS ignore the Request rejected. Click on it and it should take you to the Royal boat website. If not just google them.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

one on craigslist . Jonesboro ,ARK . 17 FT. WAR EAGLE .

Post Thanks / Like

Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

just saw one on " mississippi bullnettler "
    Last edited by Eagle 1; 02-21-2016 at 02:13 PM.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ck out the g3 stick
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925