Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE END OF AN ERA FOR ONE OF THE GREAT LURE MAKERS...OLD SHIP

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation THE END OF AN ERA FOR ONE OF THE GREAT LURE MAKERS...OLD SHIP

January 20, 2016

This is a notice to all of my friends here on crappie dot com. I just received word that one of our own jig tiers and soft plastic makers will be stopping production by March of this year. This individual had been in the lure making business for over 60 years and I noticed he had not been posting photos of new innovations as much as before. The truth is that father time cannot be cheated and he comes to get everyone sooner or later. I do know that he will still be making lures for himself and some very close friends but the business side will be closing.

Arthur - it -is has a way of letting you know to slow down before you burn yourself badly or tie your finger to a jig hook and have to fish yourself. LOL Thanks to all of you for your suggestions over the many years here on CDC but "Old Ship" is closing the business side of life in order to devote more time to my assistant pastor duties, the wife, family and six grandchildren. I AM NOT LEAVING CDC! ......just the business side of luresbycarter
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes Frank300, Mikeguard01, fish getter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well ship it was a good run buddy 60 years is a long time. Take a break you deserve it.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you. I have learned a lot from your posts.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that you will continue to make stuff for all your buddies and everybody else . I enjoyed reading your post so you better get on here and start posting I will probably pull the plug myself in the next couple years I figure when I turn 70 is not that far away what am I going to do with all this junk that I got laying around here Mike you know I'll probably find some young feller that just starting out and I'm going to tell him to bring his pickup over and I'll load you up. like I did make an stuff for ever since I was about 13 years old I will be 69 this coming April so that somebody years messing around with fishing tackle have a good day Mike don't run away , and find you and I hope that you will always be part of this community .

bob.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

This hobby is hard to walk away from, but there comes a time when family should set first in the order of things. Hat's off to your future Mike!

I wouldn't just get rid of everything though. You will not quit fishing and you will need to keep yourself stocked with those baits you've perfected over time. Don't become a stranger here.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a great run, Enjoy life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well everyone, Lord willing I will be making my own baits until the day I fly away to heaven. I have just shut down the business. I am not shutting down life itself. I will still teach young pups what I know and will still check in on CDC. Someone has to keep "G" and Bob in formation. LOL

At my age, (15 years from 85) and trying to keep up with all the innovations, it is a bit time comsuming. I just want more time to fish my products for myself and enjoy life.
    Name:  The older I get.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  61.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, are you in the travel agency business too? I saw this of Facebook....

BOB'S JIGS
    Travel Agent Service
    bobsjigs.com

Likes snake River LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Mike!!! Enjoy the retired side (more time to sneak of and go fishing), but DON'T be a stranger here!!

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Congrats Mike!!! Enjoy the retired side (more time to sneak of and go fishing), but DON'T be a stranger here!!
    X2!!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast