Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humingbird Contour XD base maps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humingbird Contour XD base maps

I have a Hummingbird 898 HD SI. I fish Green River Lake. GRL is listed as one of the lakes that should have contour lines.

* If you use Hummingbird electronics on GRL, are you able to see contour lines?

* What Navionics card would be best to purchase for this unit. I only fish GRL, Barren, Taylorsville and Herrington.

* Lakemaster does not have GRL.

Thanks,

TG
    tgordon
    Salvisa, KY
    Likes 1187mg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Helix 5. Which one would be good for it also?

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I Borrowed this from Wayne on another forum ...he explains the Navionics cards very well ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The current Navionics+ card (16GB) is preloaded with US and Canada maps. ALL the maps that Gold and Hotmaps Premium regional cards have. Plus you can download Sonar Charts maps.

The discontinued version of Navionics+ (2GB) has no maps, you choose what locations to download to the card. Those locations can be the Gold and Hotmaps Premium maps. Plus you can download Sonar Charts.

Every new card includes a year of Freshest Data Updates. You can renew the Freshest Data Updates subscription after the year is ended for $99.

Navionics+ is customizable for what you want. You can delete, update, and add to the cards as many times as you want for a year. That includes all the maps on the preloaded version-some are doing that for units that have slow processors.

You can view the current maps on the Navionics website's Web App. You don't have to guess what the detail is for the locations you want. The Web App is updated every day "somewhere" so it is always current. You can keep up with any new data by doing a Freshest Data Update if you want.

You do not get the extra stuff that the Platinum version has like Satellite Overlay, 3D, and Photos.

Navionics maps are Nautical Charts-- all the products have the same map for a particular location.
    Sonar Charts is user generated maps from uploaded sonar logs.

Navionics Hotmaps Premium cards have Nautical Charts and are regional issues.
    Navionics Hotmaps Platinum cards have Nautical Charts, Satellite Overlay, 3D, Photos, and can have Sonar Charts downloaded and are regional issues.
    Navionics+ is not regional and can have Nautical Charts and Sonar Charts of your choice.
    Navionics Gold is mostly coastal, Great Lakes, major river areas
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor
    Likes slabseeker1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

A few months back I bought a Helix and Navionics Plus. By no means am I an electronics guru, just ask Rickie how many text and calls I've made to him for help since buying my unit. That said I love mine and need to do as Rickie says, leave the polls at home and make a trip to the lake and make it an educational trip. I've seen some units on some of the other boats and how they operate. Most all do the same thing just in in different ways, touch screen, hitting buttons. I think its something you should try to see one operate on another boat, pick what you like, and what suits your budget, and roll the dice. The real education starts the first trip out and you hit that power button, the screen lights up as well as the smile on your face. Thanks again Rickie Name:  IMG_0047.JPG
Views: 404
Size:  63.1 KB
    Almost forgot, yes you can see the contour lines. I've only fished Barren since buying but assume all lakes would be the same.
    Everything is possible. The impossible just takes longer!