Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crepe myrtles

Post Thanks / Like

Default crepe myrtles

I have been told that I will be reducing the size of the crepe myrtles in front of my house drastically. I have sized them up and think they would make good brush piles. They have not ever been trimmed back this far and are about 7 to 8 years old best I can tell. There will be some "trunks about 3 to 4 inches in diameter about 6 foot long. Any body else ever used these before? Comments?
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know how long they will last. But why not try them ,you must dispose of them anyhow. Tell the wife your going to need time to haul them off. Good excuse to build more condos.:D
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Your a wise man Mr.Nimrod. I never thought about that angle to squeeze another fishing trip in with the wife. Looks like I have some yard work to do in the next few weeks.

Thank you for your words of wisdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD
    Don't know how long they will last. But why not try them ,you must dispose of them anyhow. Tell the wife your going to need time to haul them off. Good excuse to build more condos.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Nimrod
    I was thinking about tying them together like you do your persimmon trees and sinking them either in the Little Maumell or Conway. I didn't know if they would be toxic or anything like that once the tannic acid starts to seep out of them.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know, but they should be O.K. The Oak Trees contain Tannic Acid , but they sour in the water. They are really better after a year in the water. I'd try it if I had some to dispose of.
    The Crepe Myrtles should work good in buckets of quickcrete or with a block.Try to find some old blocks as the new lighter cinder blocks are not as heavy.
    Keep us updated on Conway ,I have a friend who loves Redear fishing. Nimrod is slow except for yoyos . They are not letting much of this 20' of extra water out yet.
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

that may be the best way to git rid of them i know they are hard to burn

Post Thanks / Like

They work. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

i bet theyll work fine. only thing i can think of is youll probably have a harder time getting un hung when you catch them. nothin a good bendable hook wont cure though.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like with the smooth bark that hanging problem will not be bad except tops with many small limbs.:D
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

They work. I have used them. I usually bundle them and tie a rock in the middle of the bundle. I like them to be no more than 3 feet off the bottom. That is in 6 or 7 feet of water.
    Crappie Guide (since 1986)
    Granger Lake, Texas
    (512) 365-7761