Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question about B&M slo-troller rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about B&M slo-troller rods.

Hello everyone. I am looking to find a some good trolling rods that wont break the bank (yeah i know, good luck right!) I have noticed that B&M has a slo-troller rod that has guides and a reel seat foe like 14.95. Just wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with this rod. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 that I dont use much because they are to heavy and not sensitive enough for trolling jigs or spoons. they are great for trolling crank baits and would be good for tight lining with a heavy weight. just my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieday
    I have 2 that I dont use much because they are to heavy and not sensitive enough for trolling jigs or spoons. they are great for trolling crank baits and would be good for tight lining with a heavy weight. just my 2 cents
    They seem to troll slayer jigs just fine:D I have 4 that is use to troll in my jon boat. I like em

Post Thanks / Like

Default B&M Slow Troller

I've tried one and I think there junk, to be so heavy they sure are flemzy. I
    troll with 12 ft. poles,3/4 oz weight and double drop hooks and the slow troller is really bowed up just with the weight of that.
    I use Walley Marshall jig poles, but I here Weezer [ Richard Walliams ] has his own jig poles and he's getting out of the pole business and selling them che
    ap and there good poles. Send Weezer a pm and see if there's any left.

SRM

Post Thanks / Like

My experiences with these rods...I have 7 of them for slo-trollin' off the bow. I use a modified caps & coleman rig(usually 1/2 to 3/4oz egg sinker). I'm really impressed with the way they handle. They are somewhat heavy (although I've tried ones a lot heavier than these), but hey...isn't that what the rod holders are for? I do like the bend put in these rods by the heavy weights because it only helps to stabilize the baits during wavy conditions (the rod tips give and therefore keep the bait stationary).

I have put them through the ringer and have no complaints on the durability. I've landed 2-3lb crappie on them with no problem at all (and that's even fishing about 3' deep). I've also had them hung-up so bad that the first 3 sections of the rod were completely bent over in the water.

My advice is to get a couple of them. If you end up not liking them...you're only out a few bucks. Hope this helps. CEB -

Post Thanks / Like

There O.K.. Just don't expect what you would get with the higher price rods. If you need a lot of poles, this is a fast wasy to get them. They are heavy but if you are planning to use them in rod holders, they will do fine. If not then you might want to consider a graphite pole. they are real good for pulling cork rigs and you can get them up to 20 feet long. Another good feature is that they break down, so you can store a pile of them on your boat. And for the money they are good rods. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Who makes a 20'er? I have some Wally Marshall 12, 14 and 16. Want to check out 2 20's. Thanks,

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger690
    Who makes a 20'er? I have some Wally Marshall 12, 14 and 16. Want to check out 2 20's. Thanks,

Dayton
    It seems as though they have gone up a dollar, but I think that Cabela's still has the best deal on them. They were $1/foot.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...377&hasJS=true