Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Swimbaits for Giant Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Swimbaits for Giant Crappie

Swimbaits for Giant Crappie
    by Cory Schmidt, Published in IN-FISHERMAN Magazine.
    For Educational purposes only.

Not far from civilization there’s this little gem of a crappie lake—a small waterbody we call the Bee Hive. It houses some of the largest, angriest black crappies in the North. The day we discovered it 15 years ago, my friend Tom Herman and I were casting along the edge of a coontail bed, sunglassing for bass, when a wave of imposing brown blurs materialized and instantly vanished into the weed-work.

Assuming these bass-sized shapes were smallmouths, we cast 6-inch Mister Twister Sassy Shads over the deep vegetation and began reel-pause-reel retrieves. On the fifth crank, something stopped my bait in its tracks. The fish fought like a big bass, its throbbing headshakes punctuated by brief power runs below. Finally, a broad silvery flank breached the surface, while my brain attempted to compute reality. This silvery hubcap was no bass, but a gargantuan crappie stretching the tape to 183⁄4 inches. The 6-inch lure was completely engulfed.

........Read More Here: Swimbait Plans for Alpha Crappie - In-Fisherman

*In-Fisherman Field Editor Cory Schmidt lives in the Brainerd Lakes, Minnesota, area.

I've Tried all the swimmers that Cory used...I prefer the ones in my Signature!

Good Fishing!
    Last edited by Slab; 12-15-2015 at 11:07 AM.
    Keitech USA Pro Staff
    Likes Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Intimidator, you can't just copy the whole article and paste it here. It's a copyright violation. They post it on their website for a reason, to bring traffic to them and their sponsors. I fixed it, and provided the link.

Having said that, thanks for the link to some good information.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes chaunc, NIMROD LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

OK...I thought it was OK as long as you provided the Author, where published, and it was for "educational use only"?????

I just looked it up...You can either place " Copyright June 20th 2013, by Cory Smith, and published by In-Fisherman", or post a link!

Let me know which you prefer!
    Last edited by INTIMIDATOR; 12-15-2015 at 11:42 AM.
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by INTIMIDATOR View Post
    OK...I thought it was OK as long as you provided the Author, where published, and it was for "educational use only"?????

I just looked it up...You can either place " Copyright June 20th 2013, by Cory Smith, and published by In-Fisherman", or post a link!

Just go up to the very top of the page and click on site rules.....They say this.... "Do not plagiarize the work of others in the way of articles, stories, contests or pictures. You may quote a portion of an article, but you have to provide appropriate credit for such. Absolutely do not post copyright-infringing material. "
    This is what we are going by.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by INTIMIDATOR View Post

I'd like the link and the credit. Belt and suspenders.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    I'd like the link and the credit. Belt and suspenders.
    OK...Thanks
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Great article... thanks!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good read. I'd like some of those super slabs myself.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Good read. I'd like some of those super slabs myself.
    In lakes like ours that have a huge shad population, the only way we have found to coax the "Super Slabs" is to throw them something big!
    With a lake that has fish that are overly developed for hunting and chasing shad, the Crappie are very active when feeding. They hit anything that is moving, and hit it hard...the only way to limit the small fish from hitting your lure is to go BIG, and even then, you will still catch some small ones that have a "Napoleon complex"!
    Keitech USA Pro Staff