Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new guy here! Keowee

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy new guy here! Keowee

Has anyone ever done any good on keowee? I lived here all my life and have got only 12 crappie out of Keowee. The ones I seen from Keowee are slabs!

Post Thanks / Like

Default welcome

Quote Originally Posted by sc crappie man
    Has anyone ever done any good on keowee? I lived here all my life and have got only 12 crappie out of Keowee. The ones I seen from Keowee are slabs!
    Welcome to the board crappie man.I used to live right near by you there.I went to the tamassee DAR boarding school for a year when I was boy.I spent a lot of time swimming in keowee but never fishing.I have tried jocassee but not for crappie yet.My wife and I take the kids down there and camp on the other side from the park every year.Anyway let us know how you do and good luck....E.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keowee

Just started fishing about a year ago myself. Like you said keowee has some slabs in it. My nephew caught one over two pounds one night. But I have yet to catch more than 4 or 5 at one time. I have not went much so still working on finding the right spots. I have gotton some advice from this board to give stamp creek a try. This spring I plan on wearing my truck out hauling my boat to the lake. Any success I have on some good spots I'll let you guys know.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by funfishing; 01-09-2005 at 04:40 PM. Reason: photo

Post Thanks / Like

Folks have told me also that the wooden trussel bridge is a good place at stamp creek. I also hear that around cane creek is some good crappie fishing in the spring.

Post Thanks / Like

has anyone tried to do any nightstalking one keowee or jocassee? im not very well hip to day time jiggin for crappie but we catch our fair share at night under the lights. That might be something you might wanna look at trying for keowee to see how the bite goes.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default night fishing

The times I tried for crappie was at night. Just haven't got enough boat time in to tune in some good spots. Where I have had a little success they where slabs, just not many. I may have only need to move 30 feet from where I was at to really get into them. But I always have fun. I'll get it figured out this year.The only place I have tried is at the mouth of Eastatoe creek. I seen a couple boats fishing there as it was getting dark one time is the only reason I statred out trying that spot.

davidbickle Guest

I have caught 30 slabs under I30 bridge in clemson sc, Hartwell lake.Was told not to eat due to pcb's, But them fish were sure tasty. mmmmmm. fished with minnows at night started to catch fish 2 hours after setup. put in at 7pm at the 12 mile boat ramp.two days before I caught a 15 pound catfish under madden bridge with a live minnow. Tied fish to boat with rope,when i woke up next day fish was gone. and I almost froze to death, ha ha does any one have any fishing stories from hatwell if so e-mail me [email protected]