Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's always something................................

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's always something................................

Had a wonderful time over the weekend with the shindig and old/new friends. Hit the ground running Monday with the new boat hopefully being ready any day and trying to tie up loose ends before deer rifle season this coming weekend. As you can imagine, deer rifle is crazy season around a taxidermy studio.

My wife got rear-ended near my shop a couple weeks ago. Waiting to turn, left signal on waiting for traffic to clear and KABOOM, she gets hit so hard it jams the back doors of her 2012 Escape. Other than seatbelt bruise and her chin hitting the steering wheel, she was thankfully OK. The guy who hit her was driving on a suspended license and not on the insurance on the car. He was ticketed and the LEO said it was clearly his fault. Police said car was covered by Progressive. We have KY Farm Bureau. We got the police report, took her car to the body shop and figured it would all be well down the line of progress when she got home over the weekend. Since she was going to be out of town for all of last week, we didn't try to get a rental car.

Fast forward to Monday. We check with the body shop---no word from Progressive. Why? We call Progressive and they haven't decided who was at fault and since the guy who rear-ended my wife won't answer his phone or return calls, nothing had been done for 2 weeks. The meltdown begins! If we turn the accident in on our policy, it will probably go as a recordable accident AGAINST MY WIFE. The meltdown speeds up.

Fast forward to today. Nothing had been done by Progressive, we talked to a lawyer, turned it in on our policy and MIGHT get a rental tomorrow afternoon. KY Farm Bureau has already done estimate on our car. Progressive, as well as the guy who caused all this, are both going to hear from our attorney. I finally start seeing my wife calm down from all the unfairness of the whole situation.

I get back to my shop to start a project but before I start, decide to take my labs out for a pee and some fun. I start throwing my 5 year old male a retrieving bumper, get him all fired up, he starts jumping his usual 5 feet high, and hits me in the mouth with his head and breaks 3 teeth and cuts the crap out of the inside of my bottom lip.Why not get all our insurance companies involved at one time?

Meltdown over. I think I'm going home for a nap.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Doug, if it wasnt for bad luck you wouldnt have any at all.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-12-2015 at 02:11 AM.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Dang Doug, if it wasnt for bad luck you wouldnt have any at all.
    NAH! I shouldn't complain but always find time to. Just one of those weeks we would all like to get behind us. It'll all be better when Bill from BRM calls.

The way this wreck scenario has troubled Vicki is why I've been upset about it.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-12-2015 at 02:12 AM.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear the bad luck buddy. I've seen that dog jump and is the most athletic lab I've personally seen. Just glad he didn't have the usual rock in his mouth or it would have knocked you out.
    Likes M R Dux, blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crp4570 View Post
    Sorry to hear the bad luck buddy. I've seen that dog jump and is the most athletic lab I've personally seen. Just glad he didn't have the usual rock in his mouth or it would have knocked you out.
    Ends up several more teeth are cracked and broken than I thought. Going to try to see a dentist tomorrow.

You are 100% correct on the rock. Either that or a block of wood. Guess the bumper was good enough right at that moment.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

That's a rough start to the week. Hope it gets better. I had a guy hit my son when he was still on my insurance he didn't have insurance so my rates go up. And nothing happens to the guy that hit him. If I had it to do over I'd called an attorney.

Post Thanks / Like

It's bad that the decent people in the world have to carry the weight of so many that live with no sense of responsibility. The actual number of people driving without insurance,some on revoked license,and some both no insurance or license and on drugs and on the phone texting....would boggle the mind if you knew the actual number. I think our law enforcement and court system are so over loaded they have become numb . I see people walking or riding a bike on the shoulder of the road by speeding traffic and I think " are you nuts..you know whats behind the wheel of some of these vehicles?".

Gods speed on a full recovery for you and your wife and a satisfactory conclusion to the collision event. What can you say... man stuff can sure get sideways sometimes.
    Likes M R Dux, LNooksGilmore LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, Doug what a couple rotten experiences.Glad your wife is okay. Your dentist is gonna be happy to see you. Better days are coming soon. Can't wait to see the pix of the new rig.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Except for the teeth thing, had about same experience, same scenario and same carrier. they could spend more on actual payouts and less on ads.
    Good luck with the teeth. Your lab most likely feels bad about the accident, they have more sense than many people.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Hope things turn around for you, buddy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast