Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass Cabelas Pro Shop - your one stop shop?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Cabelas Pro Shop - your one stop shop?

Bass Pro Shops is (Potentially) Buying Cabela's | | SportingClassicsDaily
    (maybe this is why BPS in dragging their feet with the new store. A guy at BPS told he it was slated to open in 2017....)

This is not good for the end user.....YOU!

Post Thanks / Like

You know Herb....I can honestly say I have never bought anything from either place.
    I've been to the Cincy BPS 3x, but only to see the aquarium and look around with my son.
    I get all of my stuff at other places online and alot cheaper.
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Hope that one doesn't happen.
    If we did what was most important in life there would be a shortage of Bibles.................and fishing poles

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
    Hope that one doesn't happen.
    X2!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm willing to bet that if the that deal goes through not much would really change in either store. Both of these sporting goods giants seem to have there following and regardless of ownership, both will continue too. I'm sure there would be some consolidation of stores but that would be about it.

I like both of these stores, both for different reasons and support them as well as other smaller stores.
    Likes kycreek LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Bad bet. Consolidation always means changes in an effort to justify the cost of the acquisition. Reduction of vendor base, common products to increase volume and cut unit prices, higher prices to consumers as competition is eliminated, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno...consolidation of one form or another is going to happen whether BPS buys Cabela's or not, it is inevitable. Just look at the number of sporting good stores being built just around here. Cabela's seems to open a few new stores every year. Bps has an 5 year ongoing conversation about building a new bigger store in Liberty Township. (I'll believe it when I see it) Dick's and Field & Stream have been opening stores like crazy and God knows how many other stores are around. I try to figure out "who's going to support them?"

Darn near everyone you talk to says I won't buy from (name any store) because I can buy (name any item) for less money online.
    The stores seem to just become a giant showroom of sorts. You go look at an item to see what you like and compare quality & features, then you go home and buy it online.
    It's awful hard to raise prices in an environment like that.
    Likes CrappieCrazed LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

"who's going to support them?"

i will, i buy from all of them... if they go away every one stop making lures...
    then you wont see any on line stores
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've bought plenty from both stores. Hate to see one take over the other though. Competition is good for the consumer. IMO

Post Thanks / Like

I may be the only one that thinks this way, but most, if not all, of the big stores (BPS, Cabela's, Dicks, F&S etc.) survive on selection, not price. If you need an item right away, they likely have stock. I have bought from all of these stores. But I only buy when there is a big sale. I buy most of my gear online, as has already been mentioned. I will shop any of the big stores when there is a big sale, like BPS Fishing Sale. I usually stock up. But after the sales (name any store), I buy online.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast