Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Visit to the Barn

Post Thanks / Like

Default Visit to the Barn

I visited Barndog at his Lakeview estate last night. Barn is a class act and the true definition of fisherman. He eminates enthusiasm for the sport of fishing. Extensive knowledge of multi species and the credentials to prove it. Can't say enough about him. Thanx for the hospitality last night Barn and looking forward to hitting the water with you.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to getting on the water with you also and visiting other lakes and meeting other crappi.com members. Just got my Slab buster jig tails and cant wait to use them they look good and smell good also.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Spring Outing

Havent heard any more talk about a spring outing. I tkink it"s time we start kicking around some dates and areas. The calender is starting to fill up and time is getting short. There was some talk about Truman but I think nothing was set in stone.

Post Thanks / Like

Barn,
    I've got another set of beds completed. The last one is a monster in width. I'm not sure how I'm going to get it in the boat and down the road without clipping something.

After this weekend, let's plan on Walleye Fishing Bull Shoals below Powersite Dam 1/27/06.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Kit I was thinking of heating my pvc with a torch and bending it up a little in the last 2 feet to make it a little more compact and easier to handle when I make some more

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good idea. I never thought of that. Gotta get the heat even so it doesn't have a come apart on you. The first few beds I made have quartered pipe that makes them flexible. This last bed has some half pipe outriggers that won't fold.
    I'll give you a call later on.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

I split all my 2" pipe and 1/4 my 3-4" pipe the lengths are 4-8' going to set them in concrete tonight. What was the name of that jig mold you said you were thinking of getting Ithink it was some sort of minnow head.

Post Thanks / Like

Ultra minnow is the name. . I'm having second thoughts cuz I am unable to get the lead to come out smooth enough to wear I feel it will fill the fine details in the mold.

G.
    Standing in the Gap