Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm seeing things change

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm seeing things change

This week i have been traveling in Kentucky and noticed several things that without thinking, brought a smile to my face. A combine was tooling down a road parallel to the interstate. The corn in the fields is turning brown. Some of the fodder corn (and where do I find da mudder corn?) has been cut and headed for the silo's.The temps this morning in Lexington this morning was 55*. A guy in a Jeep on his way to work had a hoodie on with the hood pulled tight. The sunrise was just after 5am, later than I was planning a trip for just a short while ago. This all spells that my favorite time of year is just about here. I don't know anyone on this site that doesn't look forward to the cooler weather and the changes it brings with it. The colors and foggy mornings and school zones are sure bet indicators that better fishing is very close. My attitude improves just thinking about it.
    But Lo, this year it will be a bittersweet change as I won't get to enjoy it as I have for the past ten years. The Wife and I celebrated our 35th anniversary of our first date back in May and it goes without saying that She means the world to me. This past winter was hard on us in several ways. I was dropping and hooking trailers in 20* below temps and my bones, especially the ones that have been broken or fixed in the past, hurt for days with no relief found and I'm not going into pain killers. Joni has sat home for days on end with no family close by and the long gray periods really drag her down. There are other considerations but those are the main ones. We have 3 Granddaughters that aren't going to be young forever and we both long for time with them. So enter the upcoming changes. Next Tuesday is the first of September which to most folks doesn't mean a whole lot other than the rent is due. But to me and many like me it means the opener of Dove season. Right now I feel like jumping up and down like a kid on his birthday and Grandma just pulled in the driveway. Since I have been here in Tennessee I haven't missed an opener and they will all be remembered as some of the best shoots I have ever attended, and a couple go clean off the charts. I'll keep you posted on this years outcome but not having missed a limit yet my hopes are high. My wife will go to Chattanooga that afternoon and pick up our Daughter from the airport. The second will find us loading the truck and the third, if all goes as planned, we will caravan south back to where we came from. My job can't go with us but I have a good driving record and have had several good conversations with prospective employers. So we will once again be Floridians, not too far removed from Slabs wintertime digs. It's a big change but we are both looking forward to it. We will miss the seasons that we both enjoy but will be able to enjoy the young ones growing up. Hope Y'all enjoy the coming fall and catch a bunch of the bigger fish that the cooler temps get moving. I'll have my plate full of a lot of things but I think I know where the fish are. Wish us luck.......Skeet.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to your family settling here if Florida, and meeting you at one of our events.
    SAFE travels.

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes on a good and "easy" move if that's possible, always have enjoyed reading your posts. Continue when you get set up in FL..
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck to you Skeet
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Best wishes on a good and "easy" move if that's possible, always have enjoyed reading your posts. Continue when you get set up in FL..
    yep he took the words right outta me mouth the cold winters up here in ILL are starting to get to my bones, last winter I had to bundle up like a mummy. Oh and those gijs I bought from you DO catch fish.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Hey now! Our dove shoots are pretty lame, but I do know a really reasonable clay club. Can shoot lots of them. Safe travels Skeet. I assume your moving back around our area? You should be settled in just in time for the off the chain bite around here. And there is a serious labor shortage around here across the board, you should be fine.

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Skeet. That will not be a bad place to be from. By the way, Slab may join you as a full timer down there. And they have a gathering at Crescent this year ,I think.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    x2! Always enjoy your posts!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tickled for you Tim, I know you have been wanting this for a while even though it is with mixed emotion's. You won't have any problem getting a job and hopefully it will be local. Sure sorry we did not get to get after those Grenada slabs together but never know may still happen. Best of luck to you and yours in your next adventure. You got my number.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

good luck to you skeet ,see you up and down the st. john' river

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast